When it Rains,It Pours.... (Warning, gross looking pictures)

So, it's not like there isn't enough going on in the family right now with TC and all, but now Blake had to add to the fun. When he was in the military, he got a brown recluse spider bite and while he was being treated for it, he contracted merca from the guy next to him. Ever since, he gets these boils that he is usually able to take care of with his medical expertise.=) Tuesday night, he got another one and by Thursday afternoon, it had exploded into a huge abscess, his arm was red and swollen like the michelin man. He was in a lot of pain so we went to the ER. The guy squeezed it (a big no no) and sent us home with some antibiotics. We were up all night Thursday night because he couldn't sleep because of the pain. Have you ever gone to Walmart at 4 am to get Benadryl so your husband can sleep? I have and I can tell you, there was one other person there and he was buying pizza and beer. On the upside, I did get to talk to my brother Clayton who works nights. This morning, we took him to the hospital again and this time, they took him seriously and admitted him. He needed to see a hand specialist to make sure the infection wouldn't affect his range of motion or feeling in his hand, so they transferred him to Summerlin Hospital in an ambulance (he thought that was pretty cool.) From there, they gave him two very strong antibiotics and are now discussing surgery tomorrow morning to remove the abscess and the stuff inside. Yuck. Blake is a great patient though. So patient and kind and very friendly to the doctors and nurses. So, that is where we are for now. Things will be fine. My Uncle Terry gave him a blessing and things will turn out fine, just wondering how long it will take. Thanks to the two wonderful famillies in our ward, The Chattertons and Halls, who watched the kdis so I could be with Blake. And thanks to my parents for coming home early from getting Sarah from college. Sometimes you just need your mom! And of course, the Bells for offering to come down and help out. It is so great how people really come together when you need them. There are two good things that have happened as a result of this:
1) We have realized how awesome our new insurance is. We just got it Monday and we are loving Nevada Power for getting a wonderful plan.
2) I get to watch the Ms.USA pageant which Blake would think was totally lame. He would watch it with me, but now I don't have to be embarrassed about it And yes, I had some awesome brownie ice cream for comfort.







Comments

Cindy said…
That is rough Heather! At least you are looking on the bright side :) Hope things get better soon!
Ouch!!!! That looks incredibly painful. I hope they get it taken care of soon and that Blake feels better soon. (We loved the health insurance Wes had when he worked at the Water District, it makes such a big difference when you have good insurance!)
Oh wow, Heather! Poor Blake. I hope he gets better soon and that things settle down for you guys. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you guys! That does not look like fun!
Hang in there! The picture of Blake and Hailey is so cute!!
Is it MRSA that he has (pronounced mirsa)? If so I don't know how I didn't remember that. That's scary stuff. Billy's mom and sisters have it. Why didn't you call me? You can. Hang in there and keep me updated. Now I feel like a shmuck for not calling to check on you this weekend like I intended.

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke