Why My Parents are Cool......
I like my parents and not just because they are my parents, but because they are sooo good at certain things!!
1) My dad is great at building and fixing things. I don't think we ever had a plumber/handyman/worker come to our house while we were growing up. When we moved into the house, we could only get cold water in the shower and we kinda needed some warm? water. So, dad came over and messed around with the faucets and got our shower to squirt out some warm water for us. Yay! No more showering at the "stinky apartment".
2) My dad has a big truck and is willing to help us get random things that I buy off of Craig's List. Like Spencer's dresser for example. Plus, he helped us move two days in a row and no complaints from him. Yay!
3) He loves the grandkids and it is so dang cute to watch him cuddle them up.
4) Sometimes he will randomly call just to say hi. He did that in college too and it was and is always welcome.
5) He is a go getter. Need I say more?
6) Finally, he is an awesome cook!!! He knows how to put the best food together. I don't really like meat, but his is so good, it doesn't even taste like meat.
Mom is pretty cool too, probably because she is married to dad. No, but really for any of you who know her....
1) She is going to teach me how to sew this summer, with only a little bit of a guilt trip from me (involving what if you die and don't pass on your gift.) So, I am pretty excited to make some pj pants and pillows. Go me.
2) She has great taste in music. I know songs from all generations because of her.
3) She is willing to laugh at herself. I won't explain the garage/rocking chair/wall incidents here, but you can ask her if you want.=)
4) She is a great cook too. Especially bread, yummo!
5) She loves the grandkids and has really come into being a grandma and willing to babysit the psycho(s).
6) She doesn't act annoyed when I call her almost every day at the end of the day during her favorite show Reba. Sometimes I need to talk to a human above the age of 3.
So, they are pretty cool. Next installment might be about Blake's family or my siblings. Depends on how long Blake is out of town and how much time I have to think about this.=)
1) My dad is great at building and fixing things. I don't think we ever had a plumber/handyman/worker come to our house while we were growing up. When we moved into the house, we could only get cold water in the shower and we kinda needed some warm? water. So, dad came over and messed around with the faucets and got our shower to squirt out some warm water for us. Yay! No more showering at the "stinky apartment".
2) My dad has a big truck and is willing to help us get random things that I buy off of Craig's List. Like Spencer's dresser for example. Plus, he helped us move two days in a row and no complaints from him. Yay!
3) He loves the grandkids and it is so dang cute to watch him cuddle them up.
4) Sometimes he will randomly call just to say hi. He did that in college too and it was and is always welcome.
5) He is a go getter. Need I say more?
6) Finally, he is an awesome cook!!! He knows how to put the best food together. I don't really like meat, but his is so good, it doesn't even taste like meat.
Mom is pretty cool too, probably because she is married to dad. No, but really for any of you who know her....
1) She is going to teach me how to sew this summer, with only a little bit of a guilt trip from me (involving what if you die and don't pass on your gift.) So, I am pretty excited to make some pj pants and pillows. Go me.
2) She has great taste in music. I know songs from all generations because of her.
3) She is willing to laugh at herself. I won't explain the garage/rocking chair/wall incidents here, but you can ask her if you want.=)
4) She is a great cook too. Especially bread, yummo!
5) She loves the grandkids and has really come into being a grandma and willing to babysit the psycho(s).
6) She doesn't act annoyed when I call her almost every day at the end of the day during her favorite show Reba. Sometimes I need to talk to a human above the age of 3.
So, they are pretty cool. Next installment might be about Blake's family or my siblings. Depends on how long Blake is out of town and how much time I have to think about this.=)
Comments
Thanks so much for the nice comments you leave on my blog every so often...You always make me feel so good!