Yikes and Duh
I have debated whether or not to post about this, but after much though (ha) I have decided to bring some laughter into your lives. The first thing isn't funny but bad news before good news, right?
1) Blake was on business last week in Sacramento and he was coming out of the movie theater and was mugged. Weird huh? Some guy with dreds came up to him with a knife and told him to give him his money. Blake told him he had a quarter and he took his wallet. Woowee, I told him he should have said we just bought a house so now we have no money. Anyway, he was okay. Thank goodness for that and didn't have to spend too long at the dmv to get a new license. This is his second time being mugged. One was in Spain. I am just so glad Heavenly Father protected him.
2) I am learning to laugh at myself and thought this might help. Last night, Spencer woke up at 3 am, so I went to his room and was trying to get him back to sleep. I fell asleep rocking him and an hour later, I wake up and he's asleep. I go to put him to bed not realizing that my right foot is totally asleep. So, I drunkenly stumbled around the room (still holding Spencer) and my ankle is rolling all over the place (ow). The grand finale was falling and scratching my bum on his dresser. The scratch is probably six inches long and a nasty bruise has begun to develop. Blake comes running in and puts Spencer to bed (he stayed asleep to that point and then woke up). Meanwhile, I am crawling, yes, crawling out of his room, it hurt so bad. Blake got me into bed then we had to sit and listen to Spencer cry for 30 minutes because I wasn't in there to nurse him to sleep. So, now I have big fat ankle and a nasty bum. yay. My mom says it is karma because I told an embarrassing story about my mom at a family function. Then my dad laughed when my mom told him that I had told the story and he ran into a box and got a huge black bruise on his toes. So, we are the dumbos, I guess. However,I am not above sharing my mom's story with any of you who are interested in knowing.=) After all that, I am just glad I held on to Spencer. Plus, Blake let me sleep in and take a middle of the day nap before he had to leave on business again. So,I guess some good has come out of it all!
PS. If you are interested, there is a cute video of Hailey and my sister, Sarah further down. For some reason, it added it down there. She sent it into Ellen hoping that we can get on her show.=)
1) Blake was on business last week in Sacramento and he was coming out of the movie theater and was mugged. Weird huh? Some guy with dreds came up to him with a knife and told him to give him his money. Blake told him he had a quarter and he took his wallet. Woowee, I told him he should have said we just bought a house so now we have no money. Anyway, he was okay. Thank goodness for that and didn't have to spend too long at the dmv to get a new license. This is his second time being mugged. One was in Spain. I am just so glad Heavenly Father protected him.
2) I am learning to laugh at myself and thought this might help. Last night, Spencer woke up at 3 am, so I went to his room and was trying to get him back to sleep. I fell asleep rocking him and an hour later, I wake up and he's asleep. I go to put him to bed not realizing that my right foot is totally asleep. So, I drunkenly stumbled around the room (still holding Spencer) and my ankle is rolling all over the place (ow). The grand finale was falling and scratching my bum on his dresser. The scratch is probably six inches long and a nasty bruise has begun to develop. Blake comes running in and puts Spencer to bed (he stayed asleep to that point and then woke up). Meanwhile, I am crawling, yes, crawling out of his room, it hurt so bad. Blake got me into bed then we had to sit and listen to Spencer cry for 30 minutes because I wasn't in there to nurse him to sleep. So, now I have big fat ankle and a nasty bum. yay. My mom says it is karma because I told an embarrassing story about my mom at a family function. Then my dad laughed when my mom told him that I had told the story and he ran into a box and got a huge black bruise on his toes. So, we are the dumbos, I guess. However,I am not above sharing my mom's story with any of you who are interested in knowing.=) After all that, I am just glad I held on to Spencer. Plus, Blake let me sleep in and take a middle of the day nap before he had to leave on business again. So,I guess some good has come out of it all!
PS. If you are interested, there is a cute video of Hailey and my sister, Sarah further down. For some reason, it added it down there. She sent it into Ellen hoping that we can get on her show.=)
Comments
Sorry about your spill. I have had plenty of sleepy limbs but so far have been saved from any bruises or cuts. I hope you are healing back to normal!