Happy Birthday Blake and Spencer!!!!

We had a joint birthday party for Blake and Spencer last night. Blake will be turning the big 2-9 on Wednesday and Spencer turned 1, hooray!! My family came over and had dinner with us and cake. It was great. Blake is such a great husband and dad. The kids are always so excited when he comes home. He has worked and gone to school and taken care of us for so long and he is good about it and about working hard. We are so lucky to have him!!





Our little poopy pants on his first (real) birthday. Can't believe it's been a year!! He has grown so much and been such a great member of our family. He is so mellow but has such a funny personality!




He dug (literally) right into his cake and ate it all and was very excited!



We were so proud of her, only one meltdown the whole time.


The story of the ^&$% cheesecake. I worked my butt off making this chocolate cheesecake (by Blake's request) and it was perfect, minus the fact that I forgot to cook it. Woops. So, I am trying out another one on Blake's real birthday. Man, I felt dumb.


Clayton has a special gift for picking interesting birthday cards. Blake's is from high school musical and Spenceer was super excited about his barbie card.



Spencer plays with this every time we go to Target. He was soooo excited when he saw it and made all knds of funny noises and jumping!



Hailey only asked me about 15 times if she could have her pink cupcake. When she finally got it, she licked the frosting off and asked for another one. I told her she had had enough. Later on, I am in the kitchen and see she has licked off the frosting on all the rest. Yum.




Sarah and her boyfriend Michael Phelps.


My mom gave Spencer this obnoxioulsy funny monkey who sings "de oh".




At least Spencer's cake turned out right. Yes, I did remember to cook his cupcakes!




Of course, he was great about eating his dinner. I made lasagna, garlic bread and salad. I should cook like this more often!

He was so tired at the end. He didn't even fight going to bed. We love this guy!!!

Comments

Cindy said…
Happy Birthday to Blake and Spencer! Looks like you all had a great time. Heather that is really funny about the cake... Sounds like something I would do. :)
Kristen said…
You kids are TOO STINKING CUTE!!!! Thanks for the update! Happy Birthday to the boys!!!! :)
Happy Birthday Blake and Spencer!! It looks like the kids had a lot of fun. Good job on the super cute caterpiller cup "cake". Really cute.
Marisa said…
How fun! They grow up soooo fast! Laila will be one in October... Tavis' birthday was today, he turned three. I can't believe it seems like he was just born yesterday. I keep a journal for all the kids and on their birthdays I take a minute to snuggle them by themselves and read them the entry from when they were born... I don' think Tavis really understands it but he loves that I am loving him up!
Ty and Jenn said…
What a fun little party!. Your kids are adorable. Good luck with the cheesecake. I would be horrible at making it since I substitute to make everything healthier.
Allison said…
Happy Birthday Blake & Spencer! I'm glad you forgot to cook the cake - I do stuff like that ALL the time (like today, forgetting to add flour to cookies....) so it makes me feel better when other people do it too!! :) :) I can't believe Spencer and Erin are a year old already!!
Nicole said…
Your kids are so cute. I love Spencer digging into his cupcakes! I purposely don't give my kids sweets until their first birthday just to see them dig right in! I love it!
Oh, Heather. You crack me up! Forgetting to cook the cake would totally be something I'd do! And I love that picture of Hailey having her meltdown. Aren't girls just the funniest things? So much drama, I tell ya. But love it. Spencers cake did turn out great! Happy birthday to your boys!

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke