What's going on...


Baby Brooke Eileen (official name thanks to Blake) is growing like a weed. She is already 13 ounces, I think I should be scared. We are in week 20 and things are going well. She is busy and not giving me too much heartburn or pain....yet! Hailey is super excited to be a big sister again and has no problem pulling my shirt up to show everyone our baby. That is so nice of her. Spencer is impartial, but every time he sees a baby says "Ooh, ooh". Very cute.

Blake and I had our two days away and it was great. I should have appreciated my kid free time more while I had the chance. We saw a late movie (945 is late for us), went to a midnight breakfast (worst $15 spent), took tons of naps, slept late, watched tv, hung out by the pool and jacuzzi, went to Dunkin' Donuts late. Didn't have to share or answer questions or wipe bums or change diapers (even though Spencer has been generous with his diapers since we returned). It was great. But by the second day, I was starting to feel a bit lazy and useless. Rest assured, I am wishing I could feel lazy again!! Thanks to Grandma Terry for watching the kids and letting them watch endless hours of tv. They had a great time!

Blake is at the end of his semester and we are hoping he only has one year left. Thank goodness. We are all ready to have Saturdays back to normal! Spencer is growing and growing, 30 pounds and almost breaks me! He is such a happy guy, knows most animal sounds. Says plenty of words and is a total boy. Loves cars, balls, and body slamming us. Hailey is getting so big. She has a good friend, Bella who she loves to play with. She is a pro on her bike, doing puzzles, and explaining difficult concepts to Spencer. She is a great big sister. I am finishing up tutoring and thinking I just might be done when the new baby comes. Hooray! Now to organize the whole house and paint. Anyone want to come help?

Comments

Laura Howe said…
Congrats on another girl. That is so exciting and good work on having the name already. I can't believe Spencer is 30 lbs. You're so good at feeding your kids. :)
Sara said…
Oh! So exciting! I always like to have the name picked out before the baby is born! I think her name is beautiful! I love hearing about your kids! They seem to be growing up sooo fast!!

And sorry about the late response, but here goes... Sean was furloughed from the railroad back in February. He got a job back at WalMart. *blah* But, at least he has a job! When things pick up with the railroad, Sean will have his job back. So, we'll see how it goes.
Kristi said…
I didn't know the baby had a name already - it's cute...
Marisa said…
Pretty name... me likes!!! :)
I'm so excited for you guys and glad you are doing great.
Yah, I didn't know there was a name already either. I like it. Where did you guys go for your getaway? I know the lazy feeling but it's such a great thing too. Then again, I am the one usually pushing us to go do more on our trips. Yours sounds more like a honeymoon. Or should I say babymoon?

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke