Summer Week 1
I am trying to keep track of our summer so I can turn it into a little book for us and I HOPE I can make this a tradition!
On Saturday and Sunday, we mostly hung around. Blake had just gotten back from business and Hailey was out of town with Grandma, so we just recuperated from his week long trip.
Today we made some fruit dip. Easiest recipe ever: instant vanilla pudding and cool whip. You can use sugar free and doesn't taste any different! My kids all love it. It's how I trick them into eating fruit. I went to the bathroom and come out to Brooke digging in to the dip. She was nice enough to wipe her face after though. She cracks me up!
We washed the car the other night. The kids had fun. The kids slept in. The mom was happy!
We went to the pet store, Halloween store (party city) and got donuts. All part of our bucket list. We all had a great time. The kids were so obedient. I even got some errands squeezed in without too many issues!! Sometimes I miss not having a small baby, but it is getting so much easier to go out in public!
The donuts! Dee's donuts, people. Best in Las Vegas. Durango/95. Spencer had chocolate with chocolate sprinkles, Brooke and Hailey had pink frosting with sprinkles and I had a maple bar. (heaven!!) And we were nice enough to get dad some donut holes.
Sunday before church Spencer dropped the pizza stone on his foot. He now says, "I don't pick up the pizza pan anymore!" Poor kid. We were about to keep him home from church because he was crying so much (and woke up at 5:45 AM!!!!!) but he calmed down and went. And he took off his sock every chance he could to show off his owie.
I grew this plant from a seed. I am pretty excited because my gardens don't really work out. The weather has been pretty mild, so has helped things to get a good root before it starts boiling! This is also on our bucket list. The kids have all helped water and pull weeds. We also have some broccoli going.
The men doing what men do best!! Spencer is kind of a cry baby, so we are trying to get him to do manly things!
Hailey on the way to her first trip with Grandma. Grandma called to ask if she could come with her to the Roger's family reunion in Utah. I was a little nervous at first, but I knew everything would turn out. And she had a great time! She got to visit with my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. Hang out with Aunt Jenny, Mathew and Caleb (her favorite!) She got to paint the whole time at the family reunion and play volleyball. She went to Temple Square for her first time too. I was so proud of her! She brushed her teeth, washed her hand and changed her underwear. Exciting times!!
To document this week, we also made bathtub paint, did water balloons (I have a blister on my finger to prove it from all the tying!), and playdo. We babysat 3 different sets of kids, tutored, took dinner to a friend, met Blake for lunch, celebrated 9 years of marriage, went to the dr. for a respiratory infection for Hailey and saw Kung Fu Panda 2.
Phew! I used to keep a calendar in college of when everything was due and what I had accomplished. When I looked back each week, it was amazing what I had done in a week!! I love the feeling of accomplishing things. Although the morning we sat around and watched The Nate Berkus show and Sesame Street was pretty great too!
Comments