Christmas Fun

We had a very full month of Christmas activities. The older the kids get, the more fun it all is. They make Christmas so magical.

Hailey and Grandpa relaxing after the "Jesus dinner".
Our friends, the Baileys, have a Christmas Eve tradition of doing a dinner that Jesus would eat. We did a roast chicken, bread, corn and juice. We shared it with my parents. It was pretty great!
We made snow globes. The kids love them! And I love that the glitter stays inside!
They were reindeer.
We had our friends Ella, Wade, Lily and Owen over to decorate cookies. We don't get to see them very often with school in so it was so great to be reunited!
The Elf on the Shelf came to our house courtesy of my Aunt Becky. I thought it was pretty lame, but Hailey wrote him a letter saying "I believe in you. Come to my house, etc." I didn't have the heart to say no and I didn't have the desire to spend 25 bucks on the dumb thing, so my Aunt let me borrow him to see if it would be good. Blake got pretty creative with where he hid, the vents, upside down. Blake even wrote her a letter saying "I like peppermint hot cocoa and long walks on the beach." Hailey drew a picture of the Elf doing those things. It was so cute. So, now I guess I need to get our own!

We made some ornaments that we found in The Friend.
All dressed up for Sunday church on a rainy day.
Spencer and Hailey after her singing. I love how great they are to each other. They both get so excited about each other's accomplishments. They can fight like there is no tomorrow, but they love each other!
The kids in Hailey's class after the performance. They made gingerbread cookies and decorated them in class. Nice substitution for a class party!
Spencer wearing his "holiday shirt" for his spirit day at preschool. He made this tree, ornament and snowman. He is such my big boy!!
Ready to sing in her 1st grade performance. They sang a whole bunch of Christmas songs and did a great job! She just loves singing!
Hailey dressed up for spirit day at school. Wear a holiday hat!
We made milk chocolate fudge, which is just about the yummiest Christmas treat ever! Here is the recipe too!
First year she didn't cry over seeing Santa! Spencer saw Santa at his school and we never got around to Brooke going. Lucky she is too young to remember!
Hailey and I went to her Santa breakfast at her school. Best place to go to not have to wait to see Santa!
Here are the annual ornaments. There is a reindeer who lives near us and the kids love to see him. So, we got these for them. Blake got the key to my heart. Cheesy, I know.=) They surprised me a week later with my ornament, a wreath for the door. So sweet!
The kids were super excited to decorate the tree. I went to look for something for a minute and came downstairs and they had decorated almost the whole tree! It was pretty impressive!
Here is the month long Christmas extravaganza!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke