Mother's Day and End of Preschool
The weather finally started to get nice enough to play in the water. Brooke and William loved playing and splashing in it. Who needs a pool when you have buckets of water!
Spencer brought me this flower from preschool for Mother's Day. He was so sweet about it and very proud of himself. He kept saying it was a big surprise!
I usually don't ask for anything for Mother's Day, but this year I wanted the kids to get me whatever they wanted. No matter if it was the ugliest necklace or shirt! I just wanted something from their sweet personalities. Brooke got me the white towel, which has been great because it is the softest towel in the house! I had mentioned a few days before that I had always wanted a pastry cutter but just used forks. Hailey remember and got me the pastry cutter! The yellow flowers are also from her from school. Spencer got me a "diamond ring". He has been taking about giving me a ring for a long time, so that was nice. He was very specific when they were at the store so they had to hunt through Walmart to find a diamond ring. Blake got me the measuring cups, which are very heavy duty and the dishes. The dishes are supposed to be one night off a week where he makes dinner. He has done pretty well especially with all the grilling he has done. It was a great Mother's Day with the family.
These two are getting more bonded all the time. It is weird to think that I will just have the two of them during school next year!
It is blurry but Brooke shines through!
Spencer's bus driver gave him this certificate. He was so proud of it and had to show everyone! What a cutie.
Spencer on his last day of preschool with Miss Karin and Miss Sarah. I can't believe another year has gone by. He looks so grown up. These are the most wonderful teachers and preschool program ever. He learned so much. He is reading small words and doing well with math too. He also initiates learning which he never wanted to do before. He is very excited for kindergarten and I am sure he will do wonderful! Miss Sarah was very diligent with him and getting his numbers down and he pushed through. He has never loved numbers, so I am really proud of him for doing something hard.
We went and got ice cream from Big Dave and Holly's after his last day. It was pretty fun.
Hailey and I went to a Mother/Daughter "tea" party for Mother's Day. It was so nice to spend some one on one with her. They had yummy treats and a painted pot with a plant in it. They also had an "about mom" sheet that they had filled it. My favorite part was that Hailey said the most important thing my mom said to me is, "I love my kids." It has always been my goal that my kids will never have a doubt that I love them. To hug them a lot and tell them. She is getting so big and I am glad that we get to share these special times together.
This is the ward going away party, because 7 ladies were moving in 2 months. We were one of them. Blake got a great job offer with a credit union in Cedar Falls, two hours from LeClaire, so after much praying and faith, we decided to make the move. I had gotten to know some of these women pretty well and it was nice to have dinner together.
One Saturday morning, I saw this and I had to capture it. I love that Brooke only has underwear on, that Hailey is in one of Dad's shirts, that William is sandwiched between his siblings and that Spencer is telling an animated story. These are my sweethearts.
Comments