After 3 years, I am caught up on the blog! Don't give up on your dreams...ha

Hooray!!!!  I didn't give up and now we are actually in real date time on this blog, after three years! 
Hailey and Brooke being nice to each other. 

Spencer is the funniest kid.  They put up these Christmas lights and Spencer said he wanted our whole ward to come over, so he could put on a light show.  The light show consists of him plugging and unplugging the lights so they "blink".  Our friends, the Weavers, made a special trip down the road to see the awesome show.  It made Spencer's day.  You know good friends when they do awesome stuff like that.
Hailey's teacher, Mr. Young is really great but he keeps telling them about holidays that require me to do more work.  St. Nicholas day where St. Nick comes and leaves candy in their boots. Random, but who says candy on a Sunday morning is a bad idea?  It was also fast Sunday and Hailey and Spencer both fasted. I was so impressed that Spencer did. Hailey has set a good example for them. Brooke said she wanted to and when I told her more about fasting, she decided not to. he he
We attempted to watch the Christmas devotional and build gingerbread houses. The gingerbread houses turned out great. The devotional was watched later by me while doing dishes.

Spencer exercises with me most mornings.  He said we needed to meditate after and he was the meditation leader. It was pretty awesome.
Who says Darth Vader didn't carry his mom's make up bag.
My mom sent us a video about Jesus and it was pretty nice of her.
It was 20 degrees one day and we just had to get out of the house, so we went to the park.  We saw all these birds flying in formation.  It was amazing and gorgeous and freezing!
The Polar Express came to our house this year and took us to look at Christmas lights with hot chocolate.  The kids love this tradition.  They never know when it is going to happen, so when they get the tickets, it's always so exciting.
Blake made me this bench. I love it. He is awesome.
We went to see Santa.  William was napping so I got some good time in with the big kids.  Brooke was scared of Santa, so that's why I'm in the picture.  
We went to a candy shop where they all got a sucker.  We went to a bunch of fun boutiques with great Christmas displays and nothing got broken!  Then we went to the library.  Was such a fun day with these guys.
We got to have Parker come play with us for awhile one day. He is a great kid.  All my kids like him. 

Holy hair.  Brooke's took five attempts, but her hair was super smooth after!

Another rough night with William.  He fell asleep in the car at 10 am, then slept on me all through visiting teaching. It was so great.
We made sugar cookies.  William was an awesome helper.  He totally did what I said.  
I just had to include all these pictures of Brooke.  She had a music program for preschool and was so cute in it.  I told her if she let me curl her hair, she could wear lipstick.  So, she agreed without too much fighting.  Then she said, "I look beautiful!" afterwards. It is really fun when she lets me make her all cutesy and doesn't think I am trying to torture her.


Blurry picture of her singing
And this actually happened tonight! See, caught up! Taught the kids to play Monopoly. It has been a crazy week, but it was nice to slow down and be with the family.  Love this life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke