Palmyra and the Atlantic Ocean (July)
Being at the Atlantic Ocean for the first time was thrilling. It was beautiful and warm and Jillian told us the perfect beach to go to that had lots of space for us and was clean. The kids couldn't get enough and we stayed for six hours without any sunburns. We could have gone to the beach for days and it wouldn't have been enough. Also, having Subway right next to the ocean was just super great. I wanted to work at that Subway just because of the location.
A beautiful stretch of rocks that Brooke and I climbed/walked/stumbled across. I don't know how long it stretched out but it was longer than I thought! We had a great time until my toe got majorly stubbed as I slid down a rock. I thought it was broken but it wasn't. I just had to gimp around a bit and wait for it to not be swollen and purple. It was still worth it.
Brooke is such a mermaid. She was meant to live near the ocean or at least a pond, but this landlocked state is what we have to work with.
Climbing on the rocks. Such an adventurous girl.
We went to Palmyra, New York. It was an amazing experience. I especially felt the Spirit very strongly on the top floor of the home Joseph Smith grew up in where the Angel Moroni appeared to him. It was overwhelming to me. The moment I walked up there, I just knew it had happened. I didn't expect that but the Spirit still resides there very strongly. I am so grateful I got to have that experience. Even if it was horridly hot.
In the Sacred Grove. It was beautiful and peaceful and full of mosquitos. It was pretty neat to be in this sacred place. We each went off for a few minutes for quiet and to have our own personal experience. It was nice to be there as a family.
Love Brooke. Also, this hat because then I don't have to do my hair.
Brooke getting a candid shot of us.
A hermit crab we found.
Taking a bath in Jillian's tub, which the kids wanted to do every single day. We were so busy though, that it only happened once.
We went to a castle in Connecticut that was owned by a man who played Sherlock Holmes in a bunch of plays in the early 1900's. It was amazing inside. A lot of history and collections.
Tea sets from all countries but of course, I needed to photograph the ones from Ireland.
These books were ancient! Amazing. I love old books and how they smell. They have a history.
The view from the back balcony. Such beauty! Connecticut is one of the most beautiful states I have seen!
Climbing the castle walls
Hailey loved the ocean as well.
Blake usually hates all things ocean, the sand, the water, the sun. But he was a great sport and we had a great time. He even wanted to go back another day but we didn't have enough time.
Nothing like pure happiness
We found a bunch of hermit crabs because they popped out of the sand and had me scrambling out of their way! I had never seen them before.
Looking for more hermit crabs
The beginnings of an awesome sand castle
I love him.
Spencer's beach pose
Little crab
I am so happy William got to go to the ocean, even if he won't remember it. It was still super cool. It was like a giant bath tub to him.
Comments