Only the Strong Survive

William loves these little girls.  He always wants to climb in with them when they are playing.
Hailey and I went to the maturity night at school.  We finished off with ice cream. I sure love spending one on one time with Hailey!  She is growing up into a beautiful girl, inside and out.
Hailey and Dad on their first father/daughter dance.  Too bad they both don't love dancing but they had a good time anyway.  She wrote him a letter and she made the heart necklace. 
We made banana bread one day and William had to have banana bread RIGHT NOW! I found that out when I came into the kitchen and saw that he had already helped himself.
Spencer has really enjoyed Scouts.  He is doing a skit here with Kyle and of course, it's a huge crack up! He's quite an actor.
Spencer passing off another Scout award.  He has great scout leaders and they are always passing things off.  It makes him feel great.
We had a campfire with smores and hot dogs one night and learned some fun campfire songs.  They want to sing them all the time now. Loved passing on the songs I remembered from camp and from when I was a kid, though my brain was pretty dusty.
One morning, Blake was out of town and Brooke came to snuggle with me.  She turned on some songs on the Ipod and the best one was "Everybody dance now". She is such a funny and wild woman! 


William and Brooke hanging out in their box that they then turned into a rocket. 
One day in the 60's after winter feels like the reward of a lifetime!
Blake and Spencer went to his first scout day camp.  They really did have a great time, just Spencer has a tired face here.  They did all kinds of fun outdoor pioneer activities. Spencer made butter from buttermilk and there were some horses nearby.  Everytime anyone came over, he would ask them if they wanted to try his "world famous horse butter". The faces they gave him were priceless!
A pretty day for a run!  It was one of my first running without snow.  It's interesting because I felt a bit more self conscious because there were more people out but not too self conscious to stop running!  I went on my first trail too, which was muddy but a good adventure and I didn't hurt myself so that was good.
Sometimes they kids fight and beat each other up. Sometimes they play together like a dream come true.  This was one of those times.  And on a Sunday too!  I told Blake that moments like these make me so grateful that we are on this journey together.
William had an early morning and after lunch with dad he fell asleep in the car.  Even with a cheeto face!  Then he slept in this chair for an hour while I painted. That was handy since naptime is non existent at our house.
Brooke had to have green eggs and ham on Dr. Seuss' birthday. Everyone else had regular eggs but she loved the green!  What a great man for helping so many kids on their journey to reading.
Hailey created her own little sanctuary in her room with a room divider.  Admittance by invitation only. ha
Well, we thought it was Spring and then it snowed on March 1.  Sigh. It only lasted a week but I could do without the white stuff for awhile!
This was the before of the bookcase.  There used to be ugly doors on their too. The after is below.
Painting baseboards. Not my favorite project but sure is a quick way to fix awful baseboards!
Hallelujah for a chick fil a coming to our town!  We have no playplaces and 6 months of winter.  It can make anyone insane. I won't admit to going three times in two weeks.....
William and I have had some good snuggle time during the day. 
The after of the bookcase.  The books are a lot happier now. Yes, books have feelings too!
We got the guinea pigs to have a good time upstairs one day while William was home sick from church.  Then Maple ran into the chip bag that we were all sharing.  Hailey was very sad because it was fast Sunday and she was just dying to have tortilla chips.  Darn cute guinea pigs!
When it's 40 degrees and sunny, we make sleeping bags fun outside.

Comments