Williams Birthday! (March)
It was beautiful weather one Monday, so we busted out the running stroller. I haven't gone running with it since Hailey was a baby! But I made it a good 3.5 miles with a park break in between. Man, that was interesting not using my hands at all! William had a great time at the park and kept telling me to run faster. What a great cheerleader, ha.
Blake has taken on the attic. It is more than half done. He figured out how to make the sheetrock lift work and with a good supply of Dr Pepper and music, he has gotten a lot done. Now to finish it!
Brooke took a selfie of us. She is pretty great.
Hailey is taking flute in school and really enjoying it. We were able to buy and repair a flute from our friend, Sheila.
We got this tulip plant for $2 from the store. They died and we planted the bulbs, so I hope they come up next year.
We went to the library for Elephant and Piggie day! They had our favorite stories and the craft was a pig cookie, which William hated, but it was fun to build!
Hailey was nominated by her peers for the citizenship award at school. There is a once a month assembly and she was called up. She said she was so surprised. She got to have ice cream with the principal. Was pretty exciting!
I got some adult coloring books for fun and William loves coloring on them. It was a nice relaxing afternoon and everyone colored together.
Sideways shot but I did this for my primary class. It was a lesson about resurrection. Hailey saw it when we got home and made one that looked like Uncle Ryan. It was a little teary when we saw it but we're grateful to know he will live again.
William turned 4! He is such a fun and funny kid. He loves to chat and ask "What is that?" especially when we are driving and until I figure out what he is pointing at, he will not stop asking. I am happy he is so curious. For his breakfast, he chose German pancakes, which made Hailey and Brooke very happy.
He wanted a train cake. Hailey got up early to frost it, which was nice of her. This is as good as cakes get at our house but it looked trainlike, so he was happy about it. William is a train fanatic. He could watch them for hours. Whenever we here the train whistle outside, he freezes and has to figure out where it came from. We have parked on side streets near many passing trains and he just loves it.
We had some friends come and play trains just for fun. Man, there were a lot of kids in our little house. I think 30 people? It was loud and crazy and fun. William felt very special and shared nicely.
All the people! There were more downstairs.
William was the only one who used the thomas coloring pages and I don't think he minded one bit!
It was a cupcake extravaganza. He might have had cupcakes for lunch. Birthdays only come once a year! William has a great smile and a soft heart. He loves snuggling and is very cozy. He also loves following Spencer in everything army and shooting and blowing stuff up. He constantly plays with Brooke and she is very patient with him. He loves riding his bike and scooter and kicking and throwing balls. He has a great arm. He loves temples and talks about them often. He says very sweet prayers and has memorized the first two paragraphs of the Proclamation to the Family.
They had to take a funny random picture together.
Spencer's wheat for scouts is growing like crazy!
We went to the park the afternoon of William's birthday. His favorite place! He had a great time running with our kids and the Hadleys.
For his birthday dinner, he requested cheerios. Hooray for hardly any cooking on a birthday! I feel like I spend too much time in the kitchen on birthdays when I would rather be hanging out with the kids! The kids loved our fun dinner. William is really a simple kid. He loves pushing trucks in dirt piles. He is the best helper. He always wants to jump in and show that he can do cleaning or using tools. He just has a great spirit. Don't get me wrong, he can act insane for sure! But his good times are much more than his hard times. We love William!
Brooke had the great idea to get frozen yogurt as his birthday cake and convinced William it was a great idea. It was really fun.
Impromptu dance party at the frozen yogurt shop.
Presents were a big hit. Hailey and Brooke made him a cardboard drawing for him to drive his cars and trains on.
Hailey made him a wooden train from her kit she got for Christmas. I know Spencer did something but I can't remember because it was a month ago! You would think I would keep up on this blog!
He got a magnadoodle, which has been fun for everyone. It was fun because we got him toys he's been asking for for his birthday. No clothes or anything responsible. It was just fun.
Race car was really fun and he loved hungry hippos game and the marble run.
And Aunt Kellie and Uncle Spencer sent him the coolest and most obnoxious toy I have ever seen! The cool part was that it would drive everywhere and turn itself around and blow bubbles out the top. The obnoxious part was the song that you couldn't turn off!! Two full days of that song! Heaven help me. But it was worth it. He was so happy on his birthday.
Comments