December Fun (2017)
Santa came to our ward party. The kids were all pretty excited including Thomas who just couldn't stay to be away from Spencer!

William was nervous so Hailey went up with him. The

Our ward party was pretty great. Everyone helped with a service project. We tied quilts, wrote cards for people, packed food for the food bank. I think it was the greatest experience. The mutual was in charge of a lot of the stuff and that was really good.
We went out to Barn Happy for a treat one day. This sight is all Iowa. I love it.
We went to look at Christmas lights. Brooke looks so grown up here!

We had some little kids over and the toys were still out. Hailey and Spencer loved playing with them again. So funny!

The Hadley's brought us these cool Christmas countdown candles. We have loved using it and actually kept up with it!
Spencer helped me make sandwiches one day. Love him!
Blake wants to start a tradition where he gets the kids a book just from him for Christmas. He loved this one growing up and we were lucky to find it online when the publisher just started publishing it again.
For Family Home Evening, the kids made some cards and we delivered them to our neighbors with treats.
I got a hair cut and it made me so happy!
We finished this puzzle over break. Brooke loves doing them!
Watching the german pancake bake is always fun.
We made gingerbread houses
Blake helping William with his lego set.
Hailey had a band concert and at the last minute couldn't find her concert shirt. We were looking all over for it and couldn't find it. She only uses it once or twice a year! Then, I thought I have clothes! So I grabbed some shirts and she put them on and they were so funny because they were way too big. It broke the tension and I called April and she had a shirt Hailey borrowed. Crazy times at the Bell house.
Every December, I let the kids pick a treat they want to make and we make it and try it and give it to neighbors. Brooke chose Barn Happy scotcheroos. So good!
Spencer has taught William chess and it's been really fun to see them play together.
I was hurrying to get the kids and put a beanie on really quick. When I saw myself in the mirror, I realized how bad I looked in it!
Hailey came up with a table about her for Young Women's in Excellence. It was wonderful to see her talk about the things she loved to do and her talents. She is a great girl!
Spencer made this for school out of recyclables. I can't remember the name of it but it was cute to see him be so proud of his work and problem solve how to build it.
Spencer chose fudge for his December treat. I don't know how we don't weight 500 pounds!
We love winter sunsets!
The kids love hanging out with Blake. He is good at coming up with all kinds of fun and wacky activities.
I taught the kids how to play Bohnanza. It's a fun game I learned in college from Mike and Mikaila. We have spent a long time playing this game!
It was a pretty warm day one day (for Iowa in December) and we found this little creek by the church frozen. It was pretty!
Hailey made chocolate balls for her treat.
Aunt Michelle sent William this train whistle for Christmas. We wrapped it because it came from Amazon. It's a pretty cool toy!
Making ugly sweater cookies.
This year for gifts for each other, we decided to make lists for each person describing characteristics and things we love about each other. We read them on Christmas Eve. It was a wonderful night.
I love Barn Happy!! They gave me this sweet gift for Christmas. The Santa is handmade from Robyn who makes Santas from clay. She is so talented!









































Comments