January 2018 and walking on frozen ponds
Hooray for snow! The first snow is always so great. The kids went sledding in Lorraine's driveway. Happily, our street isn't busy at all so they can sled into the street and be fine.
In an effort to make our basement area less creepy, I put up some twinkly lights. It did help some.
Blake came home all excited because he had found a great deal on a Batman robe. Pretty funny!
We always try to help the neighbors with their driveways.
The comparison of busyness between September and January. I must say I prefer January!
Visiting dad at work is always a good way to break up long winter days.
William could stare at this snowglobe forever (and he has).
We were playing hide and seek and Spencer couldn't find a good spot. I told him to get on top of the fridge. Nobody could find him!
We took all the random leftover chocolate chips and mixed them together in cookies.
The kids are so tough in the cold! They could stay out there forever, especially Brooke and William.
William was home sick one day or something. We had a nice quiet day together.
Destroying the snowman which the kids fondly named "Deadhead"!
Making Grandpa's best mozzarella sticks.
I noticed the kids were pouring the exact same way. Funny! I'm also noticing how much food we eat in the winter!
Blake and I went to a new bakery and it is amazing. It's like a European bakery!
We went to a service project at the college for the food bank. It was a good day.
We started ripping out the snakeskin tile in the basement. It was glued so tightly that it was so hard to get off.
The kids noticed this funny thing about the cut butter.
Someone is super strong!
Some friends and I went to the Amish grocery store. These color changing straws were a big hit.
Spencer loved this snack.
We went walking on a frozen pond with the Pence's. It was fun and a bit scary! There were a lot of people out there. Only in Iowa!
The Pence's came over for dinner and we made this fancy pizza. I can't believe how great it turned out!
By the end of January, I am all done with winter. These little flowers helped perk things up.







































Comments