Hooray Summer is Here! (June 2017)
We spent a lot of time eating out back in the summer. William was always good to jump in and help bring stuff outside. Eating outside makes the inside cleaner but the work to eat outside is still work!
We planted some flowers.
I grew this from a seed!!
Our friend gave us a lot of wheat berries so we had to get a grinder. I feel like the cost of the grinder offset the free berries so we'll call it a win win! The kids were great to help fill up and seal all the berries. It's been nice to not have to remember to buy wheat flour all the time.
Ran a 5k for RJ
This sweet car has been with us for a looongg time. But when it started stopping in the middle of the road, we knew it was time to say goodbye. The funny thing is we sold it to a car place and then saw it at Hailey's jr high a few weeks ago. Hopefully it makes it through the winter for them!
Our town does this cute thing when kids move on to jr high. All the kids walk through the hallway and the parents cheer them. I didn't know it was such a big deal but I teared up a bit. Love this small town stuff.
Spencer worked on this little quilt for his project. He had to sew and it took him a long time. He came home annoyed about it for a long time but was proud when he was done.
This funny hand said "free high five" so William got one.
Last day of school ice cream cones.
Funny lego chair at the library.
Trampoline time with Brooke.
We went to a community library event for end of school. We had a great time.
Spencer and I biked Hailey to her mutual activity then stopped at the library on the way home. He was a great riding partner.
Hooray for donut day!
Anytime the kids see groups of four of anything, they have to mess around and take a picture "in baby order".
Hailey has been helping Brooke learn to play piano.
My Grandpa Terry passed away after a lot of years of sickness. I flew out for his funeral. It's always weird to travel alone.
It was very reverent at the gravesite as he was honored with military honors. I always cry when I hear taps. I love my Grandpa. He loved classical music, cowboy books, root beer barrels and teasing us. He would call us "pills" and steal our noses alot. We would play with his cane and hang out in a small sitting area in their house. I love my Grandpa!
This might be my favorite picture of us girls ever.
And because I can't get enough of 20 hour road trips, I drove back with Michelle, Chad and the kids. It was a great trip. We drove through the night and the kids did really well. Chad was a trooper to drive alot. I somehow ended up with the middle of the night shift, the worst!! But we made it to Tasty Tacos and was happy to see the kids when we got back.
Beautiful sunrise in Nebraska





























Comments