Spring Break Part 2 (March 2018)

A bunch of monkeys in the trees
Everyone wanted to be choked by the giant gorilla. Simple pleasures.


We got this cinnabons and were so excited because they don't have them in Iowa.  They were disgusting though! I don't know how many days old they were.  Suffice to say, that cured my need for Cinnabons for the rest of my life!
We stopped in Atlanta and got to visit with my friend, Jessica. I hadn't seen her in years. We had a great time. She took us on a tour of her neighborhood. It was full of some amazing houses and one had just been used in a movie.  It looked like the house had plastic surgery. I couldn't believe the work they went to to make a new house look old and haunted! We went to a cafe across the street from her house and it was absolutely delicious.  I loved the fancy oatmeal.  The kids loved playing with Jessica's dog Chloe and seeing all her artwork. Love old friends!



Car entertainment
We had lunch at a Sonic in Kentucky in the Appalachian Mountains. I loved this part of the U.S. so much more than I thought! I had never seen such variety. Some of the rock areas had water trickling down them on the side of the freeway. Just beautiful.  We made it through 7 or 8 states we hadn't gone into before.
Jessica gave Hailey some artwork.
We made it to Fort Knox to visit with the Willson's. Oh the fun.  They were so nice to house us and hang out with us. The kids went swimming and had a great time. 
Katie won a prize. That was fun.
General Patton's house. This was exciting for Spencer. The whole base was exciting! We had to have special permission to get on and the actual gold reserve looked so small and unassuming. I guess if you have a storage of gold, you probably don't want a lot of people to know where it is.
We had a pizza dinner in an old jail.
I found this purple shell on the beach. It made me so happy.  This whole trip did. Yes, I came home exhausted and fell asleep at 5 pm. Yes, there was crying and a bout of heat exhaustion but when I look back, it was just wonderful. Great to show the kids more of our country. Great to go out of our comfort zone. Great to see old friends and make new ones. Great to get home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke