June 2019

I ran a half marathon in Rexburg! I still can't believe it (ha, 18 months later.) My family was really nice to come and cheer me on. It was pretty amazing to see all ages, races, weights, body types running! I made the mistake of not checking out the course before I signed up, so it was pretty boring and flat farm land for many, many miles! At the end, someone with muscular dystrophy was finishing the last few miles with help. It was so inspiring. I am so glad I did it and I'm not sure I'll do another one! It takes a lot of time to train so maybe down the road.


I was exhausted and stinky by the end but I did it!
Love Blake!
I was so happy to do the half marathon with Lisa and Jordan. Yes, they were way faster than me but it was fun to start off together!


Fun at Grandpa's always includes four wheeling rides!


Spencer thinks he can drive now since he knows how to drive a four wheeler. Pretty much the same thing!
Grandpa reading stories. Love that.
We had the Richards kids one day and went to the trampoline park and had Costco ice creams. They played uno for a long time too. Good kids!
Brooke won an art contest! She spent a lot of time on her art and won $40. It was a big deal for her. Really proud of her hard work!
They helped plant these little trees. We got them for $10 and dug some holes. They are called dappled willows and if we trim them right, we'll have some mini willows and that would be awesome!
Pretty country driving!
Spencer and all the writing!
Brooke had a yard sale and sold all the treats too. Such a little entrepreneur.
Hailey and Spencer went on the youth temple trip and had a great time. They went to five temples and did baptisms and confirmations. They ended up in Rexburg and did a ropes course. Spencer went to Craters of the Moon. It was so fun for them.
Bike rides are so fun
My dad lent Hailey his guitar to practice on. It is in perfect condition. I think it's been sitting in the case for 40 years! She's had a good time learning with it. I've kind of tried to learn, like 5%.
Our favorite spot

Poppies are an amazing flower. They only grow well in the wild but I wish I could get some to grow in our yard!


William wasn't feeling well one day and fell asleep on the couch. That's how you know he really doesn't feel well!
We took care of the Beck's chickens for a few days. We got eggs and the kids love the farm experience.



For our 17th anniversary, I went to cub scout day camp. Ha, how romantic! I'm sure we ended up going to dinner or something. I can't remember because that was a year ago. But I do love Blake!
Things get pretty silly around here!
Summertime swim. Having the pool down the street is amazing!
Freckle/tan comparison
Oops, someone fell in the mud!
Bought some ice cream from the ice cream man after a long day!
We went to a summertime library fun thing. Lots of activities!
River fun
Bike ride stop. That water felt good! We stopped at Arctic Circle after for ice cream.
Now that is pure joy!
Chalk is so fun
Chalk feet are adorable.
Another pretty Kuna sunset. I think the changing of the seasons always produces the best sunsets!
We went on the Dry Creek hike. At first, I was like uh oh, this hike is dusty and crappy. But then it turned out awesome!

Such a good little hiker!
Contemplative Spencer
We went with the Harlows and she always remembers to take a picture of our family. I love that!
Spencer and I had a good chat while we were hiking. All I have to say is Spencer tell me about something in history I don't know and he can fill the time for hours!
Mary Ellen insisted on a post hike picture. Ha, she's the picture queen!
The game of Life never loses it's fun! And it's pretty accurate to real life!
I wake up to William most mornings. He's so cute but he's also a monster because he's so tired and then I'm a monster because I'm so tired. It's a vicious cycle.
This recipe better be saved for heritage. We've made it so many times and these cookies have gotten me through some hard times!
We had family pictures taken from Kellie. We took them down in the dry creek bed of Kuna. I think they turned out pretty great! And I'm hoping these aren't the only copies I have for posterity!






We discovered the greatest rope swing of all time. Hours of fun here in the freezing water. It seriously feels like heaven though, to find places that are special and new to us in our new area. Makes it feel more like home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke