Road Trip: Utah/Idaho
I decided to make a journey out of a trip to Idaho for Blake's brother's Jon's wedding. Blake had to work and I didn't want to make a 2o hour trip within 3 days. So, I boldly set forth with my kids and surprise, we all survived and we had fun! These pictures are horribly out of order.
We went to an awesome water park in Ogden with my old roommate, Barbara and her 2 kids. It was great!! The kids had so much fun and were so very tired after. They all love the water. Kellie and Spencer met us there so that they could be "favorite aunt and uncle" and take Spencer and Hailey to Logan to hang out for 2 days. Spencer loves Uncle Spencer! Hailey loves Aunt Kellie! So, it worked perfectly for all of us! Brooke and I stayed with Barbara in Ogden and had a great time! Barbara and I roomed together for 1 dramatic summer at BYU-Idaho. We got along great though and it felt like longer than a summer! After the kids were in bed, we went to the Ogden mall and got headbands and acted like we were 20 years old and got a late night treat. It was just great! We don't get to get together often, so I am sad that we forgot to take a picture together. Next time!
We stopped and visited my Grandma and Grandpa Terry in Salt Lake. We played at their house until the kids started getting crazy and then they treated us to McDonalds. Nice grandparents! We love them and we were happy to spend some time with them. I have so many great memories at my grandparents house. Summers riding bikes, playing outside, watching old movies (Meet me at St Louis, westerns), coloring contests, games. Really great times!
On the first bit of our journey, we visited with my old roommate, Mikaila and her kids. We have known each other for over 10 years. Been at each other's weddings, went on a family vacation together, and lots of hilarious roommate times. I have the pictures to prove it.=) They were so nice to house us for 2 days after they just got back from a week long trip. The kids love playing at their house. A big yard, a trampoline, lots of trains and toys.
We went to a neat children's museum near Temple Square. The kids could have stayed there all day! It was about South America and how these people have accepted the Book of Mormon and the gospel and their culture. It was great.
Hailey doing what she does best!
I just loved this picture! Hailey is my pal.
Me and Mik
Got to see the Christus, which I have always wanted to take the kids to see. Spencer was in a "mood" and so was not pictured.=)
Was able to stop the first day and see another old roommate, Lisa and her new husband. We hadn't seen each other since Hailey was a baby. Funny how you can just pick up on things after so long. I love friends like that! They fed us a very yummy dinner and weren't even offended when my kids acted like kids.
We finally made it to Idaho Falls for the wedding. I had to steal these pictures off of Kellie's site. I couldn't find my camera. Found out it was in the swimming bag. Jon and Jen are a great couple. Jen fits right in. Excited to get to see more of her at Thanksgiving!
One of my all-time favorite pictures of Brooke! Many days of no naps did not add up to a happy Brooke!
Here are a few of my favorites of Hailey and Spencer's time with Kellie and Spencer. They went to a bunch of parks, watched movies, played outside, went out to eat and just had a great time! Anytime you want them guys, feel free.=)
Comments
-Jocelyn