My Sister Sarah came to Visit!
My sister Sarah came out for a weekend visit. She is our first visitor from my family out here. It was so great to see her and she was so excited to be in Iowa and Illinois and kept asking which state we were in. It was fun.=)
We met Blake for lunch at a delicious pizza/Italian place called Pagalos.
We went to Antique Archaeology which is the home of the American Pickers. It's a few minutes from our house.
The river was gorgeous that day!
We kept trying to take a picture together and didn't realize that it was zoomed in. Lots of laughing.
There, better.
We wandered around Target for two hours and acted like idiots. It was so great to not feel like mom! I forgot that with all the stress of moving and kids that I could be super hilarious and immature. We took about 20 pictures of us in these glasses.
Then we gave each other super awesome makeovers and walked around the store like this. I have no shame anymore. I am a mom. Also, if you make fun of me, I will perform a Harry Potter magic spell on you.
Sarah has a thing for cemeteries so we went to the one in LeClaire and she thought it was hilarious that the last name was Coffin and the person was in a Coffin.
Brooke taking a rest at the cemetery. What a face!
Spencer with a super cool little motorcycle at the Pickers.
Spencer was so excited about these John Deere overalls.
Sarah's first time meeting William. Pretty fun.
She enjoyed the railroad tracks.
Sarah was doing a ballerina dance and stuck her hand in the air and accidentally hit the fan. It was a crying/laughing experience. Poor girl!
We had all planned on going to Nauvoo and going to the temple but Blake ended up having to work all night, so he stayed with the kids and Sarah, William and I went. It was so great to have a full day with Sarah and just William to worry about. How did I ever think one kid was hard?! We went to Carthage Jail.
We were going to go to the temple but Sarah had forgotten her temple recommend in Las Vegas, so we did a lot of touristy things.
I though this was neat because some missionaries found this bowl all broke and reassembled it like a puzzle! It must have taken a long time. Just so neat to see an old artifact.
We went on a wagon ride through the countryside where we heard stories about the saints. We stopped in a grove that was so silent and still and sang I am a Child of God. It was a wonderful experience. William was so good the whole time!
Ready for church!
Me and my cutie
We had a great time. I was sad to see her go but I am pretty sure she wants to move out here now! Thanks for coming out Sarah!
Comments