Las Vegas Visit (April)

Michelle went to the temple for the first time in April.  I was blessed to be able to get down there.  William and I loved it!  He was a great traveler.  And traveling with one child is so much easier than 4!  I can't believe I ever thought one kid was hard.  =)  William slept on all the flights, so I got to sleep too.  Lucky for me, he is super attached to me and is just happy to sit on my lap, so that worked out great on the flight.  We stayed with Laurie and Alan in their totally awesome guest room, which was more like a hotel room.  It was so nice to go to bed when I wanted, sleep in, eat out and hang out with family and friends.  So, thank you Laurie!  We didn't even get a picture together, but had a great time.  And I loved seeing her kids.  Made me miss mine less.

 Michelle and her family.  Happy, happy day.  I am so proud of her and her decisions.  She has such a great spirit and has brought so much happiness to her house!  Chad has been a great support.  
 The boys under the sprinkler aka mushroom.  They are hilarious and wild!
 Our family and Michelle's great friend Stephanie on the left.  We love Stephanie.  She is like family and has always been a dear friend to Michelle.  It was so great to see my parents who were able to come home from their mission for it.  You never know how much you miss your family until you see them again!
 First time Grandma met William.  Great moment even if William was sad at first.  Aunt Jenny is in the background.  Love her too!
 Clayton and Isake enjoying William  Isake is the baby whisperer.
 What I get to do when I am out of town! I know, that thing is evilly awesome.  I finally made it to my pre-baby weight, so I treated myself.  I didn't eat the whole thing, but I had to get a picture of the monstrosity!  It was so yum.  We left William asleep at home and Laurie and Cecelia and I went out to get ice cream.  It was a late night and we were pooped, but it's awesome on vacation!
 All of us at ice cream
 Hanging out at Michelle's house.  Got lots of time with the family so that was great.  Michelle was so nice to pick us up at the airport. I cried when I saw Ethan.  He had gotten so big! And I thought Nolan was Dillon.  Kids grow so fast when you haven't seen them for a year.  Michelle was so awesome to pick up Krispy Kremes on the way to the airport.  Nothing compares to those!  We live nowhere near any good donut places.  Laurie picked me up from Michelle's house and took me to Cafe Rio!  A great start to vacation!  We went to church at Michelle's ward on Sunday and had a bbq after.  
 William was a good sport.  He went along with everything.  Then would poop out as soon as we got to the car.  What a cutie!
 We were able to squeeze in some meetings with friends.  This is Tiffany and Mitzi, two of my favorite Las Vegas friends.  We met for breakfast and caught up.  It was so great to chat and hang out with people I had known for a long time.  
 Grandma loving on William.  He fell asleep on her and it was so great.  She assumes that all of my babies hate her because they cry whenever she holds them.  But they don't hate her, they just really love me!
 Very candid picture of us that I love!!
We were able to meet up with my writing group too.  I never knew these ladies well until we started writing together two years ago.  We only did for a year, but it really helped to bond us.  We met at an adorable bistro and shared a bunch of artisan sandwiches.  Will have to go there every time!  We chatted forever and then I got to go to Desiree's house and meet her sweet baby girl.  Jonelle and Heidi are on the left.

I should have a picture of my sweet family here.  When I got home and saw them, my heart about burst!  I was afraid that time away would make me not want to return to my daily routine, but when I saw them all, it was like a dream.  Thanks to Blake for managing the kids while I was gone.  Spencer even ended up the flu and he survived a long night and cleaning up barf.  So proud of him!  I love my Las Vegas family, but I can't live without my Iowa family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke