Summer and weeds
William pooped out on Grandma Barb while we were packing the last day in LeClaire. I love this lady! And so does William! They are good pals.
For the first few weeks of summer, we played in water and more water. Ate popsicles, ate outside, played and played. It was great weather for all of June and we were pretty spoiled! Of course, whoever has the hose has the most fun spraying!
Spencer looked so cute in these. I just love his little smile and freckles. He is all boy!
Hailey checked out a yoga book from the library. Doing the "frog" pose. She is such a hippie!
Hailey weeded this huge section of the garden out back. We moved in to gigantic thistle weeds. She worked for 2 straight hours and got them all done. She said "That's the hardest I have ever worked." Probably true, those weeds were hard to get out!
William loves "outside". Pretty much his first word was outside. I have to stop him from eating dirt and rocks all the time. Crazy kid.
Spencer also got to work on the weeds because he likes to earn money, also because he is nice. He worked hard with me to weed the rest of the yard and earned some army soldier guys. He was pretty proud!
William hangs out here while I make dinner. He things the door is pretty cool, plus he can get into anything he wants and not get in trouble!
Our neighbors have a bunch of trucks and a sand pit in their yard and said the kids could play back there anytime. So, they spend a lot of time back there.
That middle area is how many weeds Spencer and I pulled. You can see how tall and many the weeds were on the sides of us!
The weed as tall as Hailey. We call these the "Grandpa weeds".
Comments