Enjoying our house (June)

 I really loved this quote because it's so true. I hope I can make my prayers as sincere on good days as they are on hard days.
 I love a purple sky!
 Hailey was such a great helper.  She helped with flooring and painted with me like crazy!  Painting baseboards is not for the faint hearted.  We had a few late nights finishing some projects and still have more to go.
 I tried to get home without using GPS and got lost. Luckily we found this great park.  It has a stagecoach and fort and they just love playing here.
 Iowa is magical
 We went to see Sandlot at the park.  It was our kids first time and it was such a great way to start the summer.
 We went to an art festival and did some crafts, balloons and face painting.  It was a perfect day for it too.  Hailey even spent some of her money on some art in a kids only art tent.  Artists donate art and kids can choose anything they want for a lot less than the usual price.  No adults are allowed so we don't mess up their choices.
 At the top of the attic stairs reading.  They spent a lot of time in the attic this summer playing pioneers.
 We went to a science museum and Brooke just loved this snake.  She especially loved when she got to pet a snake in the snake educational show.
 Funny Hailey
 Spencer in the flight simulation.
 Whenever I get gas, Spencer opens his window and sticks his hand out to hold hands. He has done this for years and I love it. I don't know how long it will last so I'll take it.
 William with his extra long apple peel.  What a funny guy and cute Hailey in the background.
 These are called bells of Ireland and they grow in our yard.  I love Ireland and we are the bells so it's just awesome.
 We got two apple trees and dug the holes for them.  It took quite awhile and the apple trees died but it was still a good experience!
 My friend Stacy and I helped clean the temple one night and didn't get home till 2 AM!  But it was such a neat experience to be cleaning the temple.  It still felt very holy and special but it was a good reminder that even the temple needs to be cleaned.  They even have employees who clean the temple all night.  Four spiral staircases is a lot to vacuum. 
 Spencer and Blake working hard together.  Love my men.
 Blake had to take apart part of the deck to clean out underneath it and to seal around the house because we had some little mouse buddies that were getting in.  So, that was a pain but of course he did awesome.
 Organizing books into the bookshelves.  That was pretty fun. Now to read them! I have probably 60 books or so in my to read pile.  That's what Winter is for, I guess.
The moving process and I seriously hope this is the last move for awhile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke