Corn and more corn! (August)
Zucchini from the garden. There is no better way! The kids hate it, so more for Blake and I!
William went to lunch with me and some friends at an old cafe. He was a perfect angel. Then he fell asleep in the car and peed his pants. We were on the way to the mall so he got to choose whatever clothes he wanted. Naturally, a camo swimsuit and cool shirt.
William loves putting items into my little jewelry box. He spends a lot of time doing it.
I actually made a good calculator snack for the first day of school. In the background is the morning/night school routines that haven't been going that great but oh well.
Brooke had to have an eye exam because she has a clogged tear duct. She will need a surgery to get it fixed and the recovery is a few days so we will do it in the summer. I am sure she will be really happy not to have a "goopy" eye anymore.
We stopped for ice cream after.
This stuff was for free on the side of the road. Who can resist those awesome buckets! I potted mums in them. Still trying to figure out what to do with the trellis. Blake thinks I am crazy for taking this stuff but I have been able to use it.
My goal this year was to have a good breakfast for the kids every morning. Even if it's just reheated pancakes or waffles. It's been going pretty well.
We went to pick corn one day from Amy in the other ward. We got four pillowcases full. William had a great time playing in the corn.
And he was thrilled to drive this tractor around. Amy has the most fun house and yard. She is such a great Grandma.
My little corn huskers. They didn't even complain this year. We had a good time in the sun.
William helping in the yard. He is always up for helping. Yummy tummy!!
Hailey got a massive fat lip. I can't remember how, something at school maybe? Anyway, it made her awesome huge lips even huger!
Processing the corn using my friend's ice corn method. It's their family tradition and they have had generations from Iowa, so I trust them!
Comments