End of August

Beautiful purple flowers when we went on a field trip with Hailey's class to the prairie.  It was so interesting to learn about the Iowa prairies.  Such a mix of flowers and beauty.
Fall calls for apple peeling and coring.  They are so much fun to eat when they look like snakes.  William is intent on doing his own apple himself.  It mostly turns out ok.
Blake ripped out the odd pinkish tile and astro turf in our mudroom and laid rubber floor tiles.  It looks so much better.  Still not finished but it's in the process.
William is darth vader!!!  He wore this for many days.
We always have a lot of bees in our flower garden but they are pretty amazing.  
Hailey and I had a late night together watching The Brady Bunch and reading.  Of course, Grumpy Bear was invited.  He's her oldest stuffed animal.
When we went on the field trip, the leader had them create a sound map where they would listen for sounds and draw them on a paper. I thought it was pretty creative.
Hailey was chosen by the leader to try on the fire clothes for when they burn prairies.  They were super heavy and she was super cute.
I always feel a little melancholy after the kids go to school.  They can be insane but I feel more complete when they are home.  I am happy to see the Brooke feels proud when she is at school.
Blake was helping Brooke with her homework one morning.  She has to read a poem and find rhyming words. I love that he helps out with stuff like this when he is around.
Summer turning to Fall. I love these pretty tree berries or whatever they are called.
Blake was working late one night and we made a fire.  A really lame and small fire that only lasted ten minutes and took 45 minutes to build and A LOT of matches but we did it!!  Just goes to show that I need some fire building training from Blake, the fire master!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke