The Long Way Home (July)



We introduced Michelle's family to Studio C, a clean comedy show.  They couldn't get enough of it.  They are so funny.
Hailey was my partner on the way home.  She sat in the front and talked to me and kept me sane!  She was trying to take a nap but has never been able to sleep in the car. I am sure that will come in handy when she's older and driving long distances.
We had to go to in N Out one last time before we headed home.  The kids were so happy. We all love it.
We stopped at Cove Fort on our way home.  We have never been there before and it was fun to explore.  This door was super heavy. It took all three of them to move it just a little bit.
They liked climbing to the top of the fort and the wagon was fun too.  It was a hot day but a nice break from the car.  They always fight me at first when I stop at random places like this and then they love it.  


Utah sure goes on a long way.
Someone stole the phone and got this cute picture of William.
Hailey took this picture of me while driving the 24 hour trip home. Phew!!  It's long every time!
Amazing rock formations in Utah.
Brooke in her happy place with her body pillow and frog.
Laughing their heads off. I think or Brooke is crying. 
A fun pioneer toy we got at Cove Fort.
The kids separated the Iphone songs into groups for each kid.  And we listened to every single song in order and weren't allowed to skip any, even the 7 minute long songs.  You do anything to make it through when you're on the road for three days.  It was actually pretty fun and after 200 songs and 2 days, we did it!
Creepy hotel we stayed at in Colorado.  We always seem to have the worst luck with the hotels in Colorado.
Such a beautiful drive. I love the tunnels and the mountains.
We stopped in Georgetown to go to this cafe we stopped at before.  When we found it, it was already closed because they had had a huge rush and the old lady who runs it was too tired to do anymore. We were bummed out because we love it but next time!  We went to some gift shops for a break.  Then we went to Chick Fil A in Denver, paid for some missionaries lunches and got lost on the way out.  
The kids looking out the window and being cute.
Monica has met a nice guy, Ryan Little and has been dating him for a few months.  It's been good to see her have some love in her life again.
We stayed in Sidney, Nebraska and discovered the biggest plow in Iowa.  Exciting times!!  We had a fun night of swimming and pizza.
We also toured this sod house and museum.  The kids had a great time exploring it.
Funny story, the toothpaste went missing so I went to the little store in Sidney and all they had was minty toothpaste so the kids had to suck it up and use it.  Spencer was not a fan.  An old man came up to me and I told him what was going on and he told him, "You have a good mom." Ha!!
We went to Council Bluffs, Iowa where there is a tabernacle.  The kids got to play songs on this old organ and we learned a lot about the Mormon Militia.  If we keep making this drive, we might run out of places to visit!


It's always so touching to recognize the sacrifice of the pioneers.  Even when their children had died and they had to bury them and keep going, they continued on.  I can't imagine what they had to go through. It's been such a blessing to live out here where we have the opportunity to remember them more often.

Nothing like windmills.
Hailey rocking out. I tell you, we go a bit loopy by day three.
Hooray for soybeans and corn!!  We left in June when they were hardly grown and came back in July when they are pretty tall.  I do love the mountains but I love forever skies too.

And of course, coming home to dad is always the greatest reward!!!  Here's to accomplishing another drive. I don't know how many times we'll do this drive or how long we'll live out here, but I am happy that we can manage it without too much craziness!!  And thank goodness that the kids are excellent travelers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke