Hard stuff is Hard stuff (July)

Hooray for a $5 bopit at goodwill, which was actually $2, so yay! I can still kick butt on this game.
Well, I don't really want to document this but I will.  I was pregnant in this picture in Las Vegas (my dad made me go in the water!), but miscarried at 10 weeks.  It was hard and sad and definitely not part of my plan.  I had to lay down a lot in an effort to save the pregnancy but it didn't work.  My family was so wonderful and helpful.  
They brought me breakfast in bed because I really had to stay in bed for a week or so.  Blake took time off of work to stay with me and the kids.
Michelle inspired me to get this calendar and it has been super helpful because our lives have gotten a lot busier and our little wall calendar just doesn't cut it anymore.
I love these darling kids. They are such a blessing.  We had told them I was pregnant and they were so excited.  When we told them I miscarried, they all cried and it was sad. I was sad that they had to deal with another hard thing and disappointment.  If we ever have another baby, I will keep it a secret until I know it's safe.  

Brooke painted my toenails while I laid in bed.  She is such a sweetheart.  It was a great opportunity for them to do tons of service for our family.  They did a pretty good job cleaning up and listening.  
Blake and Hailey put together this wooden swing we've had in the garage for a year.  When Blake is home, he just loves doing projects.  But really he did this one for me.  We got him this swing for his birthday last year and hadn't had time to put it together.  It's been great to have it out there.  We have spent a lot of time on it.
Spencer entertained me with some lego creations.  He is a lego master. I love his imagination.
Brooke read me Elephant and Piggie.  They are some of our favorite kid's books.  She is becoming quite a good reader.
My friend Stacy sent me these flowers when she heard about the miscarriage. It was so kind of her.  She has had miscarriages of her own and understands how hard it is.  It was  nice surprise and they lasted a long time and had my favorite lilies in them.  When I had to go last minute to the doctor, my friend Katie Willson took the kids for a long time.  Friends brought us meals and treats and babysitting and flowers.  And they called and texted and took care of us.  It was so kind of them. It's hard for me to accept service but these people have been such a blessing.
Isaac and Hailey acting out their guinea pig play that they made up.
The best way to watch videos with dad.  Blake was such a rock for me during this hard time.  He took care of the kids and the chores even though this was really hard for him too.  He brought me a plant with lilies and made dinner and let me cry as much as I needed.  He is such a patient and good man. I am so blessed to have him.  
My friend Meagan brought these flowers to brighten up my mood.  They really helped.  And ice cream always helps too.  We might not have a huge amount of church members out here but the ones we do have are totally amazing.
There is this cute roadside stand near our friends, the Tidwells. Every time we were out there, we would stop by and get some veggies.  We got a bunch of apples and turned them into applesauce too.
We went to our summer outing at Scratch cupcakes.  We always have to take the window seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke