Back to School (August)

I tried to be cool and do a back to school theme for our family and back to school questionnaires.  The kids liked it but we still haven't memorized the scripture! Though it is up by our back door and we see it every day.  Even though this world can be scary, we want our kids to understand that they can be a light to the world.

Brooke got a letter from her teacher with a magic feather.  I just knew we got one of the greatest teachers ever.
First day back to school! I love that the girls wore their new shirts from Nanah.  I am writing this in February and I sure miss the sunshine and warmth!
prek, 6th, 1st, 3rd. Where has the time gone?!
In line on the first day.  She wanted me to watch her all the way into her room.  And she hugged me every day before she went in and had to hug William too.
We got to play on the playground when the kids went in to school. William loves it and is getting pretty good on the monkey bars.

We went on a walk somewhere and it was just beautiful!

William has started playing with the army guys now.  Following in Spencer's footsteps. Lucky we have hundreds of those little guys!
The kids built these for Blake one day and took them into his work.  Spencer made some data cards.
We hung out by the train tracks one night while Spencer was at football.  William was in train heaven.

Brooke has grown up so much.
I just love the textures of these trees.  The nature in Iowa is so wonderful to me. If we ever move someday, I will miss it the most.

Pretty girls


William being a wild monkey.  He tried to climb all the way up the slide.
Hailey got this picture of William and I. I love it because it is very typical of our days together.

This was about a month after the miscarriage and man, it was hard. I didn't realize how sad I was looking until Hailey took these pictures.  But being sad is ok.  It's nice to know sadness and happiness and coming out of the sadness is such a blessing.
Brooke had something stuck to her face and it was hilarious. Looked like a beauty mark.
Gracey and I were chatting one day on skype. I was a little lonely because the kids were in school. So, we organized our closets together and it was very entertaining!
Saturday is sugar cereal Saturday.  I thought this perfectly pictured Saturday morning.  Cereal on the floor and army guys.
We go to this store called World's Window on Main Street. It is a not for profit that receives orders from third world countries.  All the items are handmade and all the money goes back to the creators. We love it. It has so many amazing things. The kids love coloring there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke