William goes to preschool (September)

The river was flooding, so we had to go check it out.  There was so much water that we couldn't see the sidewalk anymore.  We found some frogs too.
This tree got knocked over and it was pretty cool to see all the roots.
Spencer and Brooke being nice to eachother (doesn't always happen)



Spencer caught a frog. 
Yay for awesome, humid family time. Hailey was canoeing I think.


We made strawberry jam and I used my olive spoon from Spain. I love that thing. I hope it never breaks!
Brooke went to get crayons for church and brought them in this. You have to applaud her creativity!
My friend Stacy heard about the miscarriage and sent these beautiful flowers. They lasted for a long time and I needed them to!
Hailey got invited to go canoeing with Anna and Grace Tidwell.  They had a great time.
Spencer was super excited to spend his money on this book at the book fair.  Mostly for the "exclusive" minifigure!
We were at the Waterloo library and Brooke had to have a picture with this dog. 
Even though Brooke's birthday happened before school, she just had to bring cupcakes.  Good way to make new friends.
Finally, a picture with Spencer and Mrs. Phillips!! We missed it last year because of sickness but we are lucky to get to see her often.  She was one of the greatest teachers for Spencer.  She has three boys of her own so she is just great with the boys.
Brooke's happy birthday gifts from school.
We were at a spray park for a few minutes one day. It was a little windy and later we heard there was a tornado 30 minutes from us!  Only in Iowa.
William breaking up old noodles to keep busy.
Brooke said her teacher's job is "to teach kids to love reading".  I asked her if she was allowed to like reading and she said no, I have to love it.  Then at parent conferences, her teacher, Mrs. Ruebel said, "My job is to teach kids to love reading."  What a wonderful lady!
Spencer and Hailey's plan to have their shared bedroom in the attic with a curtain as a wall.
Spencer's first day at preschool. He was so excited and has loved going everyday.
Brooke fell asleep with her leg crossed.  I thought it was so cute.  
Riding bikes to school.  
One of my favorite pictures ever of William. He is so proud of going to school.
I think he was mad here because he didn't want to go to this center. Also, he hates stickers and he had to wear his name sticker.  Rough life!
Brooke found this little heart and carried it all day for me. Then she gave it to me and told me I could never lose it.
Spencer looks so grown up here!! He worked really hard on football this year.  He was a better sport (the treats sure helped) and did his part as center well. 

There is a preschool app that William's teacher uses to post pictures of what the class is doing.  I love seeing what's happening with him during the day. What a cutie. He has grown so much.
Blake and I went to Newtons one day while the kids were at school.  It's been fun to go on day dates with him when we can.
Hailey was having a hard time one day and I just had to document that no matter how old you are (or think you are), sometimes you still need to be hugged by your mom.
Brooke had tape in the car one day and we got this little surprise. She is so funny.
Sharing a drink at Sam's club.
Spencer working hard at mowing the lawn.  We got a bit behind this summer and he did a great job of catching us up.  I love that he can do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke