October 2020
Nature really is the best medicine! We never regret our time outside. Of course, it takes a bit to get everyone out and then nobody wants to come home.
Hailey made some updated cinnamon roll pictures. Way better!
We fed some bees at the farmstead. It was such an interesting feeling to have them eating honey off your finger. Kind of tickly!
Tons o bees!
Apparently, goats like ice cream cones.
Belle came with us to farmstead. We sure love you!
We made it through the corn maze after getting lost for awhile.
It was a busy day. Nana and Papa were in town so we went swimming at their hotel.
Papa and Spencer cooking together.
Conference was great! Elder Eyring has recently been speaking to my heart. I love his calm way of talking and showing love.
One of my favorite messages from conference this time. I struggle with this in my life. Thinking I know the better way. I don't doubt Heavenly Father can do anything but I do question his timing. I am working on it!
Went to the park to play and Brooke finished some art for homeschool. She really is an amazing artist! We also met a neat older couple from Europe.
We went for a family walk one day down at Eagle Island in Meridian. We found this semi creepy barn that the kids said people were murdered in (I think.) You can't make this stuff up.
Blake loves practicing soccer during soccer season.
Spencer got stuck in a chair.
Chicken for Halloween! He wore it every day for awhile. Pretty funny!
Part of Brooke's homeschool was to read these older stories. I read them aloud to her and really enjoyed them. She liked most of them and suffered through some. It was fun to read the old classical style of writing and have to focus on what you're reading. So different than many books today!
Blake got this free wood from behind Micron and got it home by cramming it in the blue van. He has saved it for a big project, probably a "chicken palace". ha!
William tried on this whale onesie from when he was a baby. I think it's too small?
Finally finished sewing this crazy quilt together. It's not perfect but it's full of memories and super soft!
Day off of school!
We went hiking with the Harlows. We got to see the whole Boise valley and it was a perfect day for it!
We didn't know what was wrong with Oreo, the chicken. We thought she was egg bound so we stuck her in a warm bath to help her. (Yes, they're spoiled.) Turns out she was just broody so we made her stay off the nest. She was not happy with us! After a week, she was better.
Hooray, the Chambers were able to visit for a bit! We have missed them! So nice to be able to catch up!
All of the acorn caps
Made a bunch of sunflower bouquets to give away
My kids reading is still my favorite sight ever
Trying to remember why Sister Benee had the sheet on. I think it was some kind of young womens lesson?
Matching games for life
Spencer ran around in this blanket for a good long time.
Homeschool fun. Hailey is half at school and half at home. I love that schedule for her. She gets to work at the bakery too. Homeschool has been a learning curve for all of us but we still love each other! Learning how they learn best.
After school snack from the bakery. My favorite is caramel snickerdoodle
Fall is so great!
Helping Brooke with eyebrows. She already has the best eyebrows!
Homemade pasta by Hailey
Found some people to play scrabble with me. Yes, I was sad that I couldn't get the word to make "October".
Idaho opoly was a great purchase.
Pumpkins from our own garden!
Scarlett is chicken obsessed. She asks to see them every day.
William started piano with Sister Bennee and loves it alot. He is great at playing by ear and not super great at notes but knows a decent amount.
We went to the Farmstead and they had to catch the pig. It was pretty funny!
Always a good night at the farmstead! (sorry about the picture, Brooke)
On the hay ride.
Hailey and Blake at a Young Women's Halloween party.
We went to a homeschool Halloween party
Went to a trunk or treat in Kuna. Doesn't Spencer look cute?! (He's begging me to delete it. I don't know why!! He is adorable.)
Chicken William and allll the pumpkins from the backyard.
The kids said I should have been a pregnant nun to match dad. Ha
Spencer didn't feel well on Halloween but also doesn't like Halloween so we watched Harry Potter.
The aftermath
Hailey and her friends were clowns.




































































Comments