July 2020

Gracie couldn't get enough of Hailey or her ukelele. They had a fun time chilling together.
Can you believe this place?! Everywhere looks like this. We started looking up places to buy near them! .
Monica kept forcing us to take the selfies so she wouldn't look like she had a huge head. Ha!



Love these guys! We had such a great time together chatting and laughing and getting matching hats.
Everywhere was so beautiful!
We went on a hike up Big Mountain. It took 5 hours, I think? 11 miles and the end was uphill. It was a big push. Ryan was pretty impressed that we did it. When we started hiking, it was 70 degrees. When we got to the top, it was 30. Our sweat was freezing cold. We ate our sandwiches and salads as fast as we could and pretty much ran down the mountain. I was so cold and it took me forever to warm up. But it was totally worth it! The views! The quiet! It was amazing.

We saw a deer.




Running down the mountain after. Check out that snow! It was July!
Freezing water!

Years ago, I sent Monica a picture of this place saying I wanted to go there. She said she went there all the time as a kid. So, we made dreams come true! Lake McDonald was gorgeous. So clear and the rocks were incredible.
Loved seeing the girls get along so well and Spencer enjoying the outdoors.
Actual teenage picture

Throwing all the rocks
This is amazing!
The best people


Brooke and Addi bonded so well.
And William and Hudson were best buddies.


Hudson and Blake were best friends. It was so sweet to see them together.

We hiked to a glacier lake. It was a perfect day for it. Found a deer who was super friendly and only wante 
to eat human food!

A sea of yellow flowers
We went to the lake for the day. It was chilly water but that didn't stop us! Had a great time and loved the portable bbq Monica brought along so much that we had to get one too. 
We went kayaking for quite awhile. Gracey was a good kayaking partner.
Built some castles
Bry guy!

Will be fun for Hailey to flashback on this picture someday.
Nice to be the fun aunt! Monica is only 17 years older than Hailey. 

The kids found a cool rock slide area that went into the water. They spent a long time sliding and surprisingly didn't have any injuries! I didn't get a picture of them so I'm using this tough guy Spencer picture.
Went to the resort area. It was fun to go on the ski lift and hard to believe that this place gets so covered in snow!




Crazy that this was where we hiked to. It was easier on the ski lift, ha!
Bryson is always attached to Ryan. So cute!
Love these cousins



Went on the alpine slide and that was so fun!


Fireworks time!


Girls being helpful makes me happy.
Such cute cousins

Wacky Gracie! She is all personality!
Brooke and Addie made a sign.
Hailey is an official driver! After all the craziness of covid and everything, she drives the blue van now named Lugnut. Proud of her!
Got back from Montana and realized we had a week to use the rest of our Get Out pass before it expired so we got busy! Bowling
Trampoline park
Let it be known that I'm the only one who could do the rotating bar jump without falling. Boo yeah!


Stopped by the temple to walk around. We miss it!
I'm sure this picture had a purpose. Maybe Hailey was taking Spencer somewhere? But it is sure nice to have another driver and an eager errand runner!
William started piano and really enjoys it.
Went kart racing and the kids said their names were Baklaba 2.0,3.0, etc. The worker said Baklaba like Bakalaba. It was a good memory.
William earned enough money for this lego city set. He was pretty excited.

I'm not really into soda anymore but I do have a few bottles of this huckleberry soda every summer. It kinda tastes like medicine but I still like it!
Playing yard games on a Sunday
Somehow, they always end up in the creek.
Found a cool bug.
Did a hike. It was brown with a tiny bit of water. There was supposed to be more water. ha! The kids were "excited" as usual. Actually Spencer and William enjoy hiking. Glad they come along with me. I guess I should make friends that are my own age?


Went on a girls date to Kneaders. Yum.
Brooke bought some sunglasses that happened to look just like Hailey's. I can't say I never did this to Michelle. I told Hailey she should feel honored that Brooke wants to be like her. Hard to see at this stage of life!
Boys went camping with Blake. Naturally, Spencer brought a book along!
We stayed up super late, slept in, watched Clueless and other movies, went all day shopping and had a great time together!
The girls also climbed the walls!

A few pictures Blake sent of the boys camping. They went to a flea market and had food and watched movies and did outdoors stuff. They love their guy time.


Went to downtown Boise and had delicious breakfast.
Rock climbing.

Climbed the Boise cross hike one day. It's not pretty on the way but it's awesome when you get to the top!




There is a lot of graffiti. Some of it is cool but it would probably be cooler without!


Hailey watercolored this for a lady!
Doing a science project. The looks on the kids faces are pretty common.
My favorite.
William is always up to vacuuming!
The Bells were staying with Monica and he fell asleep balancing a dino on his head. Monica sent over the picture. It's pretty cute.
Went swimming at fall creek



I don't know how many times I said, "Don't go by the edge!"
It was so hot that day and this was such a fun spot.

The jump in jump creek.
Super cool Dr. Suess flower!
Brooke loves the chickens!
Spencer teaching Brooke how to mow. Seems like we just taught him!
Never enough watermelon!
Michelle, Chad and the boys came to visit. Was so fun to have them! We went to a local swimming spot and had fun for a long time with kayaks.
Funny filter


Brats are just better than sandwiches
Took them to the rope swing on the creek. This never gets old! And is always very cold!
Ice cream at Super C. Fun secret spots in this town.
Had late movie nights every night.
Neverending chess championships
Freak alley
Without masks (hallelujah!)
With masks (had to document what is happening these days!)
Always a big hit
Great spot for skateboarding
Classy, will be great for blackmail down the road.
We took them up to Bogus Basin, the ski area. In summer, it becomes a summer fun place. Raced each other alot on the tubes.
William and I were partners
Went on a ride on the ski lift, pretty beautiful!
I can't get over how gorgeous these mountain areas are! I am so glad they got to come visit us. The cousins had a great time together. They played grounders till late one night at the school playground. They just bonded! Michelle and I were sure to do our cackle laughs and freak our kids out. It was great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke