Urine Sample.....

1) Hiking Mount Everest
2) Winning a million dollars
3) Staying away from chocolate...(well, maybe)
These are three things that are easier to do than getting a urine sample from your three year old. Today, we went in to see Dr. Dorway (the best pediatrician in Las Vegas, no joke!!!) to check on Hailey. She's been saying she hasn't felt well for a few weeks, on and off fevers, stuff like that. So, he asks for a little urine sample. No big deal, right? Hailey hadn't gone potty for almost three hours. Well, after 20 ounces of water, three trips to the bathroom, four trips up and down on the elevator, one visit to the gift shop (rearraning butterflies and almost buying a Root Beer just to get her to go), and an hour later we finally achieved the goal. After the wonderous event, I was so happy, it was almost equivalent to the happiness of her first pee pee/poopie in the potty. Hailey is now jumping up and down screaming, I did it! Luckily, the bathroom was empty. We go back to the doctor and I am thinking (cruel, I know), something better be wrong after all of this! Lucky for her (ha) she has a urinary tract infection. Poor girl, but at least it explains why she hasn't been feeling well for awhile. So, next step: to get the prescription. I go to walmart because we need to get Spencer formula. I walk up to the pharmacy and then start running like mad because they are closing the metal window/gate. I stick my head under the window risking life and limb to turn in the prescription. Lucky me, it should be ready in 2 hours. So, we go to McDonalds (don't ever get the hot and spicy chicken sandwich, it is hot, spicy and nasty. Luckily Dr. Pepper helps with that.) where Hailey is extremely upset because she didn't get a Princess Amadala bobble head wtih her Happy Meal. She settles for Princess Lea (she is sleeping with her tonight.) After walking around Walmart for 1 1/2 hours (they have everything on clearance right now, it seems), we get the blessed prescription and head for home. On the upside of things, Spencer and Hailey were mostly good the whole time and we did have fun. Spencer took a nap when we got home and Blake was home an hour later. My advice to you: save yourself an hour or more and prepare a urine sample each time you go to the doctor, just in case.=)

Comments

Dang you've done a lot of blogging lately! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Well, except the peeing thing. My kids have never had a problem with that. Guyss I should count my blessings.
Allison said…
Ha Ha, that's funny! I haven't had to experience getting a urine sample from Elaina, thank goodness! Thanks for the advance warning. I'll be prepared now! :)
MARCHANT FAMILY said…
Heather you are to funny. So is Hailey feeling Better? So how was Spencer while you guys were at the doctors? I am wondering how it is going to be taking 2 kids to the doctors. Or taking 2 kids anywhere. I get stressed with just Jackson sometimes.
Heather Bell said…
Thanks, Hailey has been happie today. Hohpefully it continues.=) It can be stressful taking two kids to the doctor, but I bring lots of toys and snacks. That usually helps. And you will be surprised how big and grown up Jackson will seem when your baby is born!
Marisa said…
Very funny! Two kids is a task but just wait until there are more kids than you have arms!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke