My 2012 "theme"
My lovely friend, Jonelle, who is full of wisdom and such had such a great idea, "Have a theme for the year instead of resolutions."
I have never been a big fan of New Year's Resolutions. I don't think you need to start a new year to set goals. You should just make a goal when you want to make a goal!
My "theme" this year is
"Creating a Testimony of Motherhood"
I am having my 4th baby in a few months and my belief in motherhood has grown with each baby, but I really want to have a complete love and understanding for my role as a woman. I am in the beginning of mothering years. I have only been a mom for 6 nearly 7 years. I have a lot to learn! I am going to complete one of these goals each month and in six months, do them again.
January
Read an article a day about motherhood from lds.org. Reflect on it as much as possible with my crazy kids running around.=)
February
Spend 30 minutes of personal time each day with each child. I usually can accomplish this because my kid's schedules are staggered, but not on a daily basis. We all hang out a lot together, but I really want to do this before the baby comes.
March
Teach the kids one new job each week. They are at a prime age for cleaning and I am going to take advantage of that!
April
Do a thought out Family Home Evening. Really, we do FHE every week, but sometimes it is pretty lame. The kids leanr more when I put more into it. I have also been having the kids help plan them. Makes it more fun (and funny) for everyone.
May
Do a devotional once a day. Either read an article from The Friend or watch a message on LDS.org.
June
Try to stop micromanaging! This is really one of my worst faults as a mom. That is why it is at the end. I am hoping the things I learn in the previous five months, will help me with this!
July-December, start over again.
Any ideas for me on monthly activities? I kind of came up with this on a whim this morning to keep me focused on my "theme". What is your theme?
Comments