Brookie Cookie

 I have always loved photography. I took a class in high school and learned how to work my dad's manual camera and loved it ever since.  I have never sprung for a fancy camera, but maybe someday I will.  For now, my pink kodak will do the trick.  I don't need a fancy camera to remember these days.  
 This post is about Brooke, but I had to put two sisters pictures in it because Brooke is a great sister.  She cares about what Hailey is up to.  She is an annoying sister as well.  She keeps Hailey up some nights (Hailey also does her part of being a bum).  She is a great cleaner.  She has a lot to say, mostly loudly and with a little lisp.  She is a lover AND a fighter!  How often do you get that combination?  She is sweet and sensitive.  Many times if she sees a sad part in a movie, she will get upset and near tears.  She cares about people.  She loves to snuggle.  She loves frogs.  She loves sparkly things.  She does not like to get her hair done, unless Hailey's hair is done.  She is independent in so many ways, which is great and frustrating at the same time.  
 Brooke reminds me the most of me.  She looks like I did as a child.  She has a spunky and who cares personality that I did as a child.  She has the same coloring, the same dark hair.  The only difference is her eyes are her dads, green and kind.
 Thoughtful and smart.  Brooke remembers everything!  She has memorized tons of songs and loves to sing.  In the bathroom, in the kitchen, outside, anywhere!  I love hearing her sing in the bathroom.  She doesn't care what anyone thinks.  She has a very trademark run, which my friend Laurie calls, "The Rosanne walk".  It is very much how Roseanne Barr walks.  It is hilarious.  She loves noodles and cheese and chocolate chips.  She loves to help me cook.  She loves learning and reading books.  She loves racing.  She loves riding her trike as fast as she can.  She loves coloring and painting and any kind of art.  She loves "rock out music".  She loves Jesus.  She has a smile that is contagious.  She has a laugh that is full of gusto.  She has a scream that is earth shattering.
 Brooke is my girl.  I love her in this picture.  She is calm.  She is pretty.  She is sweet.  I love her pose and her chubby hands.  Those little fingers will lengthen eventually and I will long for those squishy hands.  I kind of do already.  The wisps of hair on her forehead are a miracle since she usually won't let me touch her hair.  Hopefully, she will have a replica of herself someday for me to love.  


Comments