The Many Faces of Spencer
Spencer is so expressive. I have always enjoyed his faces. He looks like such a big boy here. Ready to take on the world. He starts kindergarten this Fall and will often tell me, "I am going to miss you when I go to kindergarten." And I try not to cry and tell him about all the fun he will have. And he will, because he is so friendly and warm. He understands the importance of kindness. He is a teaser too. So much, in fact, that I feel like he is my little brother sometimes! He loves to push buttons.
He looks so old here! Much older than 5 years old. He has always been tall for his age. He loves riding his scooter. He loves anything with John Deere, cars, legos, video games, dinosaurs. He is all boy. He has had his first crush on a girl in preschool, Olivia, who I am pretty sure I would be ok if he married. He does not like wearing "up pants" (shorts) and wants to wear "down pants" (long pants) all the time. Even in the horrid heat! Sometimes I bribe him to get him to wear shorts or we just play in the water. Then he forgets he is wearing shorts. Spencer is very cautious and watches out for other people. He is always willing to look out for William and entertain him. He makes the cutest voices at him.
William not looking thrilled, but Spencer sure is! He loves being a big brother. Now that William can push cars around and get into his toys, they play together some. Spencer always has a smile. He is a good helper. He can load and unload the dishwasher and wash dishes and clean the bathroom. He keeps his room picked up pretty well. He is sneaky too, but always honest afterwards. He will get into stuff and tell me later because "I didn't want to tell a lie." He has an engineer mind and puts things together easily. He makes his own lego creations and they are really good too! He lives on praise. One word of praise goes a mile with Spencer and he is quick to return praise. "You are the best mom." "You are the best cooker in the world." Recently, he has been telling strangers how his mom is a great cooker and follows the recipe. He makes me smile.
Spencer is his dad's son. He loves to do manly things, like mow the grass and use hammers. Whenever he doesn't want to go to bed, he tells me that he has to help dad with something. Many times, I will find him looking out his bedroom window during bedtime and he will say I was just looking at the trees. I have even caught him standing on his windowsill! Crazy kid. He knows all his letters and can write really well. He can read some words, which makes me so happy, because as a toddler, he hated sitting and reading for stories. He is quick to say that certain things are bad for you or that Jesus wants us to choose the right. My mom always said there was something special and different about Spencer and I would have to agree.
Spencer is thoughtful. He will lay and read books about trucks, bridges and helicopters. He remembers lots of facts. He has his dad's mind in that way. He is a sweet and wonderful boy and I am so happy he is ours!
Comments
"Erin makes the funniest faces - even when she thinks nobody is looking." Really wish we were next door neighbors, wouldn't life be so great!?! :) Now to read the rest of the post... :)