Hailoo Bailoo
What can I say about Hailey? She has been with us the longest and I feel like I have known her forever. She is always my daughter, but starting to get older and becoming interested in things I am interested in. She loves writing and has notebooks filled with drawings and stories. She reads in bed at bedtime, when she should be sleeping. Blake says, "How can you get mad at that?" So true. She can be a real pain too. The pre-teen hormones, I guess? But she always comes back with an apology and tries to do better. She is an excellent swimmer and runner. She is fast for being kind of short. She has a great imagination and can make up tons of stories and make believe games. The kids love it. She still acts her age and is not afraid to be who she is. She hasn't cared or even noticed really what other people think about her, not too much, at least.
She is very excited about being a mom. She always says to me when William snuggles me, "Mom, this is the best part about being a mom, huh?" And it really is. She loves kids and babies. She has a maternal instinct that is completely natural. Hailey pushes the limits. She is definitely the first born. I am trying to remember that she is growing older and able to do new things on her own. It is hard to get used to though. Hailey is a leader in school. She will help kids with different problems. She does well in school and works hard. Even when she doesn't like the subject. She really seeks her teacher's approval.
Hailey is also silly and makes up hilarious words. The kids seem to have their own language somedays. They really are each other's best friends. She can get them riled up or she can get them to calm down, while they are playing together. Hailey is good at taking turns with friends or doing other people's ideas. She is learning that her needs aren't always the most important needs.
Hailey loves the gospel. She has a strong testimony. She tries to read the scriptures. She has done so much of her Faith in God for activity days Hailey loves coming up with Family Home Evening ideas. She always prays for the missionaries and says she wants to be a missionary someday. She loves cooking and baking. She loves crafts and art. She is a soft heart. She feels sad when others are in pain. She loves dolphins. She loves animals. She wants to go to BYU-Idaho someday because that is where Blake and I went to school. She loves the color gray, because dolphins are gray. She loves her "own time", but not too long before she is missing us. I am grateful she is our firstborn.
Comments