Happy 1st Birthday William
Our Iowa baby turned one March 30. He has been a ray of sunshine in our family. He is always willing to smile and love. And the kid just wants to be held all day and be close, hence he is not walking, but trying! He is a turbo crawler and it is so fun to watch his little bum shake as he goes. He waves and says "mom" and "dad" and lots of other jibber jabber. What a blessing to have him come at such a wild time in our family. He has been someone for me to hold on to. Someone who needed me just as much as I needed him. He was a wonderful distraction, in a way, for me to get through the move and to adjust the family. For a few months, it was just us. Just our little family and we didn't know many people. And we could truly enjoy him. For his birthday, we let him do his favorite things all day:
climb the stairs. He can do forwards and backwards. Show off. I couldn't really get any good pictures of him on our Easter photo shoot, but I hope to someday if he will ever sit still long enough. Maybe we should nickname him the blur?
Hug mom.
Play with balloons. One day, I will just blow up a ton of balloons and put them in a room and it will keep them busy for hours. Great idea, minus the choking hazard of course!
The kids helped him unwrap some gifts, a push me popper and a musical bear from Grandma Barb and Darryl. Also, Grandma and Papa Terry's, most obnoxiously fun musical toy! All the kids fight over who gets to play with it.
Chocolate bundt cake I made. How can you tell I made it? Because it looks awful and tastes awesome!
The cake eating is my favorite part of first birthdays. I love that William was slow at first, then the look on his face said, "Why have you kept this from me for so long?" Then, it was just pure concentration as he shoved it in. No shame, this kid!
Barb and Daryll came and ate with us.
William usually loves Barb, but I think the cake did him in!
Comments