Brooke is 5!! And other fun stuff
What luck to get to post about Brooke's birthday tonight (5 months late but it still happened!!) We had a rough night and now I am just so happy to go through these pictures so I can remember just how great she is. I will never regret spending time on this blog. Going back and looking through it has been a great treasure. Now to print it out someday....
Brooke's favorite meal per tradition:noodles and corn on the You are Special plate. She is also wearing her frog shirt, which was a fun surprise.
What a sweetheart. She has put me through the wringer somedays, but she has a heart of gold. She loves frogs, littlest pet shops, riding her bike and scooter, taking baths, running around in her underwear and playing with the kids. She is a wonderful friend. Kids love her and she can make friends with anyone! She chose a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Smart girl
Brooke on her first day of preschool. She was so thrilled to get going. She could have gone to kindergarten this year but a full day of kindergarten for a barely five year old was a bit much, in my opinion.
William on Brooke's first day of preschool. He's a big fan of our time together but loves when Brooke comes home!
In a previous post, I had a picture of this room as a disaster, then I spent a long time cleaning it. Here is the proof.
Brooke and Blake on her birthday dinner date. They went to Subway so Brooke could eat chips, which is what she always has there. They had a fun time together. She thinks Blake is the greatest and she is totally right.
Brooke helped make her cupcakes for her birthday party. She always wants to help with baking and comes up with all kinds of fun ideas. She will go through magazines and save recipes for us to try. We still need to try macaroons.
Blake's birthday is exactly one month after Brooke's. We went to dinner at The Hilton. Blake loves the hamburgers there and the French fries are amazing. Blake has always been a good sport. He is so good to me. He comes home from a long day of work to help out with kids and supplies patience when I have run out of it. He helps me relax and remember to slow down. Plus, he cleans the tub, so what more can I ask for???
Another gorgeous sunset. I love these.
Hailey gave Brooke this frog for her birthday. She was so excited about it. I think more excited than anything else!
Brooke's big gift was this bike. The problems with living in a small town is when yg. Once insou wait to long to buy the bike, you wind up with what's left. This bike is awesome and BIG!! But Brooke loves it. She learned how to use the hand brakes after a few times of crashing. Once into a large plant. She gets hurt so much and always says "I'm ok" It's pretty funny sometimes.
At Brooke's party, they did pin the crown on the princess. It was pretty fun. That's the fun blindfold.
This was a fun game. They were a little timid oat first, but Hailey showed them how it was done. I had to stop her before she destroyed them all! Spencer was upstairs with a friend. Thank goodness!
Water balloons are always big hits!
Slip n slide because we must! Brooke was set on a water birthday party. It started raining in the morning so we just moved it to the afternoon.
They decorated their own cupcakes and some of those were so encrusted with sprinkles. But everyone had a good time. Brooke has a cute group of girls.
Hailey and her friend Sydney. She stayed to help out. They were really great.
Blowing out the candles.
Holy sprinkles
Presents from the friends. Brooke felt so special. She was so nice to everyone
Alyssa, MaeJae, Elsie, Addie, Brooke, Cora
She was pretty thrilled about this pony. She loves them. Also, she loves pink.
William always helpful. He is always around when the mixer is going because he wants some good stuff!
Brooke got to be the first special helper in preschool. She answered questions about herself and got to sit in the fun chair and be line leader. It's a big deal. And the blue paper on the right is from the cute book The Kissing Hand. It was one of her first preschool projects she made.
Brooke with her birthday crown and certificate from school. She is the cutest thing, full of spunk and determined!! I know I will appreciate that someday. I am grateful for her strong will and her helpful heart. She is always up to clean the bathroom. She plays nicely with William. She loves painting her fingernails. Love this girl!
























Comments