Catching up is hard to do

 Blake woke up one three day weekend and wanted to go on an adventure.  By the time we got to Des Moines, the zoo was closed, so we went to the mall.  We had lunch and shopped and played at the play area.  Then we found a Krispy Kremes nearby.  They had pumpkin donuts, heaven!!  So, we had a good time.
Sunset on the way home.   
 My friend Danielle and I were hanging out and she said she and her kids had been apple picking, so we went off to a random apple tree on the side of the road and got some apples, which I made into some great applesauce.
 One day, the kids and I went on a little trip to the mall to play and ride the carousel.

 William can ride the scooter like nobody's business!!  He doesn't even mind the girl scooter.
 Hailey has been sneaking out of bed after Brooke goes to sleep to stay up with us and read or watch a show with us.  It's been pretty fun.
 Isn't that face just the cutest.  A rare day that she kept the hair clip in!
 Brooke feels so deeply.  She was so thrilled about this butterfly from her friend Addie.
 We met up with my friend, Liz at a cute barn store full of fun crafty things and antiques.  The kids loved this little garden.
 William throwing a fit.  I had to take a picture of it to show him someday.
 Give Brooke a bowl of flour and she will go to town. 
 Spencer going after it at his football game.

 After his first game.  Go Vikings! 
 It was a beautiful day and there was an art fair that nobody wanted to go to, except Hailey so we went shopping.  It was so fun to check everything out!  We even got to go to stores with breakable items!
 We made homemade root beer and had some friends over.  It was a perfect summer day and the kids loved having friends to play. 

 The kids were gathered around Blake one day.  I love the relationship they have with him.
 This might be one of my favorite family pictures ever.  We went to explore the river and under a bridge one day before it got too cold.  We love this river.  It's not the Mississippi but it is still wonderful. 
 Blake and I at that river.  We like to tell the kids that we were the first in our family!
 This is very much Brooke's personality.
 William has a serious arm on him.  It is pretty impressive.
 Blake can still skip rocks like a teenage boy.  It's pretty impressive!
 We made these brookie cookies one Sunday.  It was quite the undertaking.  Two batter and four kids!!  But they were so delicious.  Brooke loves that they were named after her.
 Blake works four tens, so we have been trying to take advantage of his schedule.  We went to breakfast at a 150 year old diner, Newtons.  It was so yum!  William got some food and his was the child's plate!!  The next time we went, I got the child's plate.
 Brooke was super excited about her school socks.  They had all kinds of animals on them.  Of course, after a week she was annoyed by them, because they have seams in them. ha
 The kids using socks for fun.
 Spencer was at football practice on day.  it was raining like crazy but they played on.  I had a feeling I should see if they were finishing early.  When I got there he was ready to goo and felt like such a tough guy because he had played so hard.
 I was joking with the kids one day about giving them spankings, so they all lined up.  Funny characters. 
 We went bowling one day.  The best part is watching the victory dances after.  William loved it too. 

 William was so cute climbing up the alligator bowling helper.   
 We went apple picking at our friends and came home with a few boxes.  Applesauce and dried apples forever! 


 The hammock at the apple house.  We totally need one of these!

 Layers of color
 Mixing the eggs.  He even helps cook them.  Have scared him a bit because of the heat!
 I got this grab bag of shirts online.  I took pictures of them and sent them to my sister in law, Monica.  I said they were the ugliest shirts I had ever seen.  Hailey said they could win an ugly shirt contest.  She told me to put a belt and cardigan with it.  And I got so many compliments.  She is a fashion genius!
Hailey started violin in school.  It has been good for her.  She is pretty musical.  I am glad she has chances to try new thing and get over her stage fright.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke