End of Summer fun

 
 The kids were exercising one morning
 This warmed my heart. I took it through the window screen because I didn't want to disturb their fun or have them realize I was watching and start fighting!  They were having a perfect summer day. I love the freedom of summer.  Kids were not meant to be inside!

 Mixing the best, the best, white bread ever!!  A woman in our church, Sister Sims, makes the sacrament bread every Sunday and it is this recipe.  So delicious!
 It is so fun to live in an area with roadside stands and the most delicious corner right down the street!  And that cantaloupe was heaven. I was pretty happy that only Spencer and I like it, so I don't have to share too much.
 A park near our house.
 We saw this shoe and Brooke said, "I guess somebody died here." I told her they didn't but she was convinced.
 William and his manly force.
 Iowa has a big part of my heart.
 A beautiful field of flowers at that park.  The bees and butterflies were going crazy! I would love to have a field of wildflowers in my yard. 
 Brooke picked a bunch of the flowers.
 Spencer at football practice. He did not want to sign up, but I just felt like it would be a good thing for him to work with a team and get used to winning and losing.  It did so much good for him. He went from messing around at the beginning to working so great with his team.  On the last game, he really wanted to pull a flag but had been a little unsure of himself.  Well, the game was going and he just walked right up to the quarterback and smacked the ball out of his hand.  The coach was so proud of him and even sent out an email saying Spencer had done a wonderful job that day. He stopped the other team from getting a winning goal.  I was so happy for him! And now he wants to go again next year.
 One more shot.  Sigh, It's just so lovely.
 

 Forts are fun!
 Met Spencer at his school for lunch.  It was a fun time.  I went to recess with him too.  He knew all the playground teachers and a lot of friends were wanting to play with him.  He was having a little trouble being more assertive in a group and has done so much better,
 I met Hailey too.  And she wasn't embarrassed at all that we sat together at the special visitors table. 
 Chilling one day
 William working on the potty training,  He wanted to go for it and I wasn't too excited but he has been doing pretty well.
 We went to the beach that is near our house.  William fell asleep in the car on the way and he slept for awhile.  He was so tired but when he woke up, he was so excited to be at the beach!

 Blake was able to come with us and that was great for the kids.
 Spencer told me we needed to go on a date.  So, we went for a walk one Sunday around a pond and chatted and were attacked by praying mantises.  It was such a good time even though it was hot and humid.  Every time we pass that pond, he calls it "Our pond".  I love this kid. He reminds me to have fun in life and to love.
 Brooke took a picture of Hailey, her thumb and me.
 One day we were goofing off in the room and the kids just started taking pictures.  It is fun to see myself with the kids in these pictures.  It makes me feel awesome at all that we have accomplished out here!





 Brooke's face is so cute here. 
 I didn't know Brooke was taking these but Hailey came to me crying about something. 
 This was the series of pictures.

 I love this one.  Because somedays I really feel like this.  So many needs to be filled but only one mom.  Lucky for me, they love me anyway.
Hailey at the end.  So I guess something went right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke