Aunt Monica visited!

Taught the kids to play Risk.  Spencer would play every day.  I really need to get through a full game with him but that game lasts hours!!
We had a picnic one day for dinner when Blake was working late.  When the kids were younger, I used to die when he worked late, but they are getting to be so big and helpful.  
The girls and William and I went to the school carnival.  I am not a huge fan of the carnivals but the kids have fun.  They got face painted, prizes and games.  I didn't get a picture, but William was just dying to play the basketball game, which he did a horrible job at, but he was so excited.

I was packing to move to the new house and looked in the toy bin and saw this army guy fist bumping me.  I think he was encouraging me to not give up. ha

Brooke was a huge help during the packing.  She helped me  a little bit every day.
In 2002, we bought the mug on the left.  We had another one that broke awhile back.  Then Blake got the one on the right because he needed the set.  We said A&W was our place because we had never gone on dates with anyone there, so it wasn't tainted.  We take the kids sometimes and Brooke calls it the place with the "oily chicken".  That can't be a good thing!
We have started "Laundry parties" at our house once a week.  Everyone folds their own clothes and one other section of laundry like towels or something.  I try to have a warm load ready so they can have some warm laundry on them. They love that feeling.
I went for a run to visit teaching about a mile and saw this gorgeous tree.  They just kept the tree growing from the bottom.  It smelled heavenly!  Spencer was with me and we had a great time on our run/bike ride.
Aunt Monica came to visit!  She is the best.  It was like having two moms around and the house was so clean and everything was more fun.  We loved being able to show her around our town.  And were so lucky that she chose us as a get away!  
We went downtown and checked out all the shops.  They have opened so many good ones lately.  It was a great time.  We got a yummy cupcake too.  She even helped us go through mountains of baby clothes for the move. 
Spencer and Hailey practicing his karate moves. He decided it wasn't his "special talent", but he likes to practice still.
We took her on a walk to the river.  It was so fun to show her our favorite places.

Sister in law BFFs!!
Me and my favorite man
William and I, blurry and happy
Hailey has started taking a lot of pictures and I love to see what she gets.  She gets the kids pretty naturally.

I'm not a fan of butt shots but I love this one.
Three little maniacs!
Love my girls
These two are good buds. They're always cooking up some game or wildness.
I made this wreath out of old mason jar lids we found in our first Iowa rental. It was sitting on top of our fridge forever.  I was going to throw them away or do something with them. So, I did something!
All of us in Nauvoo. Monica had never been so it was great to show her first time.  We missed the temple session but she still got a temple tour.

Love the tulips 
Got a fun shot of Brooke with dandelions and the river in the background.  Such a beautiful area!  
Spencer is such a sensitive sweetheart.
We went in the Red Brick Store for the kid's first time.  It was a great experience for them.  They got prizes from there.  Hailey got a fan with a paper explaining how to wave it to let others know if you are available or engaged and other things. It was pretty funny.  Spencer got his long awaited harmonica!  It has been well used.  Brooke and William got rock candy.  We were sad to see Monica go.  Now we can't wait to see them next summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke