Spring Break
We had a great Spring Break this year. We went to the Army museum and planetarium and the movie Zootopia and dinner. It was super great! A good fun day with Blake. And we came home to a clean house because we finished in the morning.
William was spotlighted in primary and was so happy about it.
Hailey had a goal to make a double layer cake over Spring Break. She put a clover on for Spencer who loves St. Patrick's Day!
I love mossy rocks!
We were at the river one day and a five minute train went by. William was in train heaven.
This huge tree was knocked over and the roots were crazy.
Spencer loves throwing rocks in the river.
Blake was throwing giant rocks into the river and it was so funny.
Sisters with sticks.
Spencer helped me paint this awful brown table. We've had it forever and it was getting so dingy and messed up. It looks a lot better.
We went to get a free book from the library and then ice skating. Spencer does not like ice skating so he sat and read his book. After we were done, I told him he could have had extra video game time if he would have tried and he was not happy about that!
Brooke did pretty great for her first time! She was doing it mostly on her own at the end. She fell a few times and jumped right back up. Hailey made a goal to go to the middle of the rink and did it. Brooke asked me to but I told her I might not be able to get back! I'm not a very good ice skater. ha
We went to the John Deere museum where we could pull big weights and it was hilarious to watch William pull them. He is a buff baby!
In the tractor. Woohoo! It never gets old!
Barb and Brooke read every cookbook she borrowed from the library. They went through every recipe title and said it was gross or good.
Leprechaun traps in the works. They didn't catch him this year but they did get some golden nuggets.
Lucky charms for breakfast for Spencer's favorite holiday!
Went to the children's museum and they played there for three hours. Playing on this bus is always a huge hit.
William kept going on to the stage to put on a play but then he was too shy.
Gigantic light bright was great fun. I want one for our house!
Spencer spent hours on this screen video game.
We had Grandma Barb with us for a few days. We took her to our favorite cupcake shop too.
We went on a kitchen tour at chick fil a too. They loved going back to see how it all works.
Barb is one of my dearest Iowa friends. I loved having her here to talk to and hang out with. She is such a good person. The kids love her and we wish she was closer.
Blake made this bed! Candy helped me drag the door down a flight of stairs and into the van six months ago. Blake made the bench too. I just need to paint the wood white. I left Ryan's hat on the post because he loved woodworking and Blake has done so much more since he passed away. This whole room just makes me so happy and relaxed now.
I've always loved this figurine but didn't want to spend the money on it. I just loved it when I saw it six months ago. We took Barb to the store where it was and she secretly bought it for more! I tried to make her take it back but she said "I saw you were struck by it." I just love it.
New shoes brought to you by Grandma Barb.
These kids are just my favorite. They love each other and always have to stand in "baby order". Great Spring Break this year. Loved spending time with them and can't wait for summer!!
Comments