COLDPLAY!! (and other stuff) August 2017
We went to a solar eclipse party at the library and made sugar cookies. This is one activity that the kids didn't really want to do but then had a great time.
We found small frogs out back. It was hours of fun and the frogs actually survived!
We did geocaching with our friends. It is such a fun activity.
We went to a baseball game. The kids ended up loving it and now it's a tradition. Nothing more summer than baseball. I never knew how fun it was. William was sick so Blake stayed home with him.
I made a hydrangea wreath.
We've been making some sourdough bread and tried out some fancy knife work.
The kids slept out back in the tent.
Spencer won a gift card from the summer reading program so everyone got to share it. I think it was to a movie theatre. I can't remember though because that was a year ago!
We went to an animal shelter for Spencer's scout stuff. This dog Bird was kind of a sad dog. We were in charge of walking him and then he wouldn't come back. So, I had to carry him back because we couldn't find a worker. It was the funniest and heaviest thing I've ever carried. We did love that dog!
As soon as we got home, we gave Spencer an allergy pill. We did one before and after because of his allergy.
We took off all the layers of paint on our table. It took awhile but everyone helped so that was awesome.
Baby tomatoes from our garden.
School supply shopping drives me crazy so Hailey comes and helps me. She loves it.
Getting ready to fly kites.
Fire pit fun
Whenever we go to Menards the kids mess around and hide in bathtubs and showers and stuff. I'll admit it drives me crazy but they have tons of fun. Blake has been the leader of their insanity.
Brooke and Phoebe enjoy cooking together.
I finally made something out of some old frames and pictures.
Sweet Brooke wanted to do her baptism pictures out near this field by Blake's work. She is such a strong spirit. She loves helping people and nurturing. She is so fun and has lots of creative ideas. We were excited to find this dress that she loved that wasn't itchy. Brooke is a force and I love that she is confident and caring.
We went to Minneapolis to go to a Coldplay concert. But before we went, we had a picnic lunch and found a secret waterfall. It was really fun.
We found the falls from a locals website. It was pretty great down there.
Blake and I hardly ever have pictures together so there you go. Blake got stung by some bug and he had to take a bunch of allergy medicine to stop the swelling and fell asleep. I am glad it worked out and he was able to come to the concert.
We went to the Minneapolis temple. Hailey had to go in by herself because Blake was asleep with the allergy reaction. She was able to go with another youth group to do baptisms. The temple president talked with her and gave her some granite from when they built the temple. She loved it.
We hung around the temple grounds and the kids were pretty tired but we made it through.
We stayed in a tall hotel and the kids wanted to go to the top of the hotel in the elevator. It was very exciting.
Coldplay was SO fun!!!! We loved it. What a great experience. The kids knew all the songs and we got great deals on the tickets. There were light up bracelets that flashed with the songs. We sang all the songs and had the best time. It was one of our top Iowa memories.
Spencer was thrilled when they sang Viva la Vida.
William fell asleep in the last song. There were fireworks and it was so loud and he totally fell asleep just for that song. It was 11:00!
I've always wanted to go to Clearlake so I semi-forced the family to go on our way home. It was beautiful!!
This trip was one of my top times in Iowa. I love this adventure we have had.




























































Comments