Happy Birthdays Spencer and Dad!

Spencer helping make Nana's cookie bars for a treat to take to his class.
A drawing Brooke made.
Spencer's birthday breakfast choice.Pancakes and sausage, always sausage! Spencer has been our best eater. He will always try new things.  I think it encourages the other kids to not be afraid of food.
I went on a pretty fall run.
Spencer wanted to go to Culver's for his birthday lunch.  It was so fun to have one on one with him. He always has so much to say.
Spencer is all about legos. He doesn't require much, just legos!
Grandma Barb sent him a lego action figure.

Spencer loves reading and especially facts. This gross fact book was a big hit!

Star Wars risk was pretty awesome even if we couldn't really figure out how to play it. But we made our own rules. Spencer is really good at improvising and just making things work.  He has a soft and kind heart and cares about people. We are so blessed to have him in our family. Happy 10th birthday!
There was a scout pack meeting on Spencer's birthday and he got some awards.  He doesn't always love doing the projects but he loves getting the award!  
We try to annually embarrass Blake on his birthday. This year, we took some decorations to his friend, Bill, at work and he took care of the rest! Blake was pretty surprised.
Monica and I getting some facetime in one day. What would I do without that girl!!
Spencer's birthday meal of spaghetti. Notice the meat theme of all the meals?  Spencer has a great smile with the cutest dimples. He helps me out when I need him to. It's fun watching him grow and I just wish he would slow down!
Some kind of wrestle mania with Blake!

Hailey made the cake this year. She is pretty good at decorating! I'm not and am happy to let her use her talents. Spencer is low key and loved it.
We were at a football practice and Brooke and her friend, Emma, made a tent.

Hailey's cross country ribbon.
Popcorn day at school!
William being wacky. We have to help him put the lego sets together but he is pretty good about making sure they don't get destroyed!
Brooke and I were doing art together. This was my self portrait and a few of the things Brooke said as we were working together.
Found some good books at the used bookstore at the library. It's a good one!
Heading to women's General Conference. It was Brooke's first year. We made sure to go to Coldstone with our friends first.
Messing around at Blake's work on his birthday.


Blake turned 38! We love him and all he has done for us. He is a fun, smart and encouraging dad.  He is good at snuggling and working and getting donuts for no reason at all.  We are so happy that he is our dad.

Kellie made this: the theme of Blake's life. She said it was supposed to be a gag gift but I think she missed the "gag" part. haha
We love Blake!
Playing soccer with Blake, the soccer champ. He learned in Spain on his mission and is still so good and fast.


Blake doesn't care what he has for birthday dessert but I can usually come up with a good plan. This time it was mint brownies. He loves anything mint!
Went to the annual pumpkin on the side of the road sale.  This is one of the greatest things about Iowa: the hidden treasures.
I know this is a video, but one day Spencer had Landon over. They kept asking to play video games and I said just play! So, they went out and had races on the little kid bikes. William loved it!
Sometimes this stuff just happens.
We might have to crush down our trash from time to time to fit it all in for garbage day!  We found out that Rachel's dad is always curious to see how full our trash will be when he picks up Hailey. We try to impress him every week.

First activity days! Of course I have been in activity days for about ten years and they release me when Brooke gets in! It's weird to not be in there.
Sometimes you have multiple kid glasses on your head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke