Random Stuff (September 2017)
We use oats so often that I bought this 50 lb bag of oats for a great deal at the Amish. It was a bit ridiculous but after packaging it and not having to go to the store for oats all the time, it's the only way to go!
Brooke spends many many hours on the swing making it go in every possible direction.
Massive garden tomatoes.
I don't mind reading a book during orthodontics appointments.
Our van is up to 100,000 miles. When we came to Iowa, it was at 10,000 miles. 5 years makes a big difference! We have traveled every direction in this van.
I think this was a cucumber? But whatever it is, it's way overgrown!
Blake and I went on a Friday date to the Amish while the kids were at school. They make the most delicious donuts called creamies. And I've discovered Amish jam is the way to go!
We went to the Amish auction too. The amount of fruits and veggies for sale was incredible!! They are amazing farmers.
Outside Barn Happy on my first day. Yay!!!
Hailey went to help her friends with packaging food for kids in need.
This is our life, climbing in and out of the attic to work on it!
Spencer came with me to Fareway and carried the groceries. Hooray for a hard working boy!
And he totally shared his treat with me too.
The only way William likes to have apples is peeled like this. He insists on doing it himself. It's pretty cute.
Yes another fire of stuff from the attic.
Sleepover in the basement.
Hailey has started running cross country. She has come out with me a few times and is way better than I am!
Blake built these bookshelves in the attic and the door below. That door was the heaviest door of all time. That was the one time that I said he should have called a buddy to help him carry it instead of me. Stubborn husband!
The kids were sad one day and holding hands. So sweet.
First cross country meet through the corn field. Karen and I drove together with all the kids. So lucky to have a great friend like Karen!
Spencer at football practice. We were pretty busy this fall so I started dropping him off and picking him up after. He did pretty great! He was the center and the coach said he was the most important part of the play because he was the beginning of the play. This coach was awesome. He really encouraged the boys but kept them in line too.
Spencer said he needed a mouth guard so he got one and hardly ever wore it but it was fun while it lasted!
Brooke learned how to ride her bike in kindergarten but over the long winter she forgot. I was trying to encourage her but she wasn't having it. One day, she woke up and got on her bike and rode it. I guess she remembered how after all!
Hailey made this little craft for William.
We were going to go to the army museum in the summer but we didn't get to it so Spencer and I went together. He never gets tired of going. It's so fun to see his love of history.
We made pizzas one night and every pizza had a different personality.
Blake with the kids on the trampoline is so fun. They always want him to "jump them" aka jump so hard that they jump without jumping. He is pretty good at it. I did have to talk him out of jumping off the roof of the shed!
The kids made a play area for the guinea pigs.
Nothing better than getting your own veggies from your backyard. That orange tomato was amazing and I don't even love tomatoes!
We went over to the Tafuris to help out with their kids one day. It was fun to relive all the sand play again.
Pretty foggy day
I went with William to safety city. It's my last time! It is such a fun field trip.
Spencer completing a scout requirement making a periscope. Happily we had some chocolate caramel packages to use!
Brooke has really gotten into drawing from videos on youtube. I find these little doggies all over the house! She can do it for hours.



















































Comments