Service and my Awesome Kids!

 As many of you know, a new baby will bring such joy and absolute craziness to any house!  Sadly, the craziness had transferred into a pretty messy bedroom for us and William.  We read a story in the Friend about a little girl who surprised her mom and helped out.  Hailey took that to heart and secretly made our bed and cleaned our room and the baby's room.  Sometimes I wonder if I am doing anything right when it comes to mothering, but then she does something like this and I know something must be going right!  She is a strong and independent spirit who can try me to the very last nerve and I am grateful for all the lessons I get to learn from mothering her.

 Spencer did the same thing.  He totally cleaned off the table and washed it.  Spencer is always willing to jump in and help out with cleaning.  He usually has a clean room and does what I ask the first time.  He is such a blessing and a sweetheart.  He always has a hug and a smile for anyone.  We are so blessed to have Spencer!
 We made number parking spots for Spencer's cars to practice his counting.  He will do any learning activity when it has to do with cars!
 Hailey wanted to try out make up, so I let her.  Check out those lashes!  Big beautiful eyes!
 I got pretty tan from all the swimming.
 The joys of living in the country....mice.  We found some underneath the cupboards in the kitchen.  This started a giant cleaning regiment, although it wasn't messy.  The house we live in was built in 1952, so I am sure there are all kinds of secret passage ways.  So, we didn't have the heart to mouse trap the mice, so we did sticky paper.  I thought they would look totally nasty but I actually felt bad for the little guy.  Blake threw the mouse paper in the trash with the mouse on it so we didn't have to kill him.  Yes, we are city people.
 William holding on to his rattle for the first time.  He spent most of the summer in his diaper or a onesie because it was just too hot!  He was such a great baby.  Besides wanting to be held all the time, he was pretty easy! And who doesn't want to hold a baby all the time?!  He has put up with so much and I am so happy to have a baby in the house again. Everything slows down so much when we have a baby.  There is nothing like snuggling with a yummy smelling new baby in bed in the morning and looking at his toothless grin.  I love my William!
 I woke up one morning to some clunking around in the kitchen.  Hailey had gotten out the Paula Deen kid's cookbook my mom got her and marked a bunch of recipes she wanted to make.  I went to the kitchen and she was preparing to make egg in a hole.  For me. What a sweetheart.  After a discussion about not using the oven EVER on her own, we made the recipe. It turned out great!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke