Parley Street and Mississippi

 We drove around on Sunday morning and went to the end of Parley Street, which is where the Saints walked to cross the Mississippi on their journey west.  I have such an appreciation now for the Pioneers and what they sacrificed.  After being in their beautiful city and having created a haven from persecution, they had to leave it all behind.  That must have been such a heartbreaking journey.  
The moss was everywhere!!!  It is so humid out there. I am glad it was cloudy while we were there or it would have been miserable! I don't know how they managed without air conditioning!  Maybe one summer when we are brave enough, we'll head out there for all the fun events they have.
 Some Bells we are related to.
 Wonderful monument of Brigham Young and Joseph Smith.


 Proof William and I were there!
 The kids touching the Mississippi.  The Mississippi is right down the road from us, but we aren't on the banks like this!

 Me in the Mississippi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke