Temple and Last Day
Yes, we were very exhausted at the end of this trip! But it was worth every bit of it. On the last day, Blake and I switched off to go to the temple. Since we are two hours away, we don't get to go as often. It was so nice to have time away.
While Blake was in the temple, I bravely took the four kids around Nauvoo. It turned out pretty good! Hosea Stout is my relative and my dad requested evidence that I had found him. Here you go!
These pictures are out of order, but at the end of the day, we stopped by a Fudge place where the kids picked these chocolate dipped marshmallows. I cannot believe they charge $1 for 4 marshmallows and chocolate and a stick, but the kids were happy!
We splurged and got fudge. Blake got mint chocolate and I got maple nut. I can't say no to maple!!
Happy after the temple
We went on a wagon ride. Those things are so bumpy! I don't know how the pregnant women managed!
Outside the Brick makers
All of our prizes from our adventures. A Nauvoo brick and a pioneer diamond ring aka a curved nail.
Brooke was not cooperating during the brick demonstration so we went outside and ran around. Hailey and Spencer stayed in and I was so proud of them for sitting and listening nicely for ten more minutes!
Getting to know the oxen
Lucy Mack Smith home, the prophet's mother. I have read her book and she is an amazing woman!
The horseshoe making place. Lots of work! And lots of heat!
Joseph and Hyrum monument looking out at the temple.
I loved this plaque. It is all so true!
Spencer being sweet with Brooke. Brooke chewing on the rope we made.
Sweet Hailey
View from the temple
Neat light
In the morning, I was up pretty early to get to the temple. By the grace of God, the kids slept through the night the only night we were there and I was able to not be exhausted! There was a mist over the landscape and it was a beautiful sight. So peaceful. We can't wait to go back!
Comments
-Monica