Carthage Jail

Since William had gotten bigger and could stand the car for longer than five minutes, we decided to take the two hour journey to Nauvoo.  First, we stopped in Carthage.  I wasn't sure how I would feel there. I thought it would feel very sad, but I was surprised to feel a strong Spirit there of peace.  It was an amazing experience.  We are so grateful to live in an area with so much church history.  I loved hearing that even the jailer of Joseph Smith could feel his Spirit and calling.
 Statue of Hyrum and Joseph
 The room where the mob attacked.  

 Beautiful monument.  My testimony was really strengthened by being here.

 Spencer and Hailey being reverent.

Surprise!! No, we didn't adopt a child.  We pulled up and the kids said, "There's Lily!" and there she was!  She and her family are our friends from church. We were so happy to see them and go on the tour with them! We would gladly adopt Lily any day though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke