24th of July

 We were getting summer fever, so I decided we were going to walk to the park because it was such a beautiful day.  Hailey was in a mood.  In an awful mood. She didn't want to get her shoes on. Some fights aren't worth it, so she walked a mile to the park and back in her socks.  Sigh.  The teenage years might kill me.
 A beautiful pond at hte park.  
 The kids hanging out.
 Clouding watching.
 They all had to throw rocks into this dirty pond.
 Then they all had to pose on this rock. I love these lazy summer days without a schedule and just fun.  Buff Spencer.
 Brooke is a drama queen. Just ask her, she'll tell you.
 Typical Hailey pose.  
 On the way home, it suddenly got boiling hot. I mean extremely humid and awful.  The kids were not happy because our water was almost gone.  So, we trudged home.  Thankfully I brought the stroller for William.  Brooke was so tired and grumpy and thought she needed a piggy back ride.  Let me tell you, it was the hottest and nastiest day of the summer.  Brooke ended up sliding off my sweaty back.  At that point, I realized it was Pioneer Day and told the kids we should sing Pioneer Children.  That really did help.  Then we had a little chat about how grateful we should all be for our pioneers.  It turned out pretty well against all odds! Also, my friend, Mitzi sent me this burned cd and it came that same day. I was so happy to see it. Nothing like a gift from a great friend who is far away.  And sadly, Dr. Pepper Friday's and Dr. Pepper have come to an end around here. Blake and I stopped drinking soda!!  Been over two months now and we are over the hump.  Happy day.
 Then we got home and drank lots of water and ran through the sprinklers for a long time.
Then we had ice cream. I promise, it was so hot.
 A few days later, we did some science experiment with baking soda.  It was really fun.  

Spencer pulled apart this leapfrog toy we have had forever.  He has an engineer's mind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke