Trip to LeClaire

 We went back to LeClaire to give our friend Karen Harris a baby shower.  I love this girl!  We hit it off right away and appreciate each other's sarcastic sense of humors.  She might kill me for this picture but she looks so happy!  
 Sister Cropper was so sweet to let us do the party at her house since we didn't have any house to offer.  It was the ward pool day so it was low key too.  The kids were so happy to be back at the Croppers.  It was great to see our LeClaire friends.
 We swam for six hours!  William is adorable in his ladybug we borrowed from our friend.
I was so excited when we found out Karen was having a boy because I love this book "Julius, the baby of the world."  And it is from the Lilly series, which is Karen's daughter's name.  So, it fit. I love sharing books! And Karen is a big reader too, so that was great.
 
 William was pretty excited about this muffin.
 Then we were able to go to Susan's house to fix Brooke's DIY haircut.  She cut a mullet into her hair one day during an unusually quiet quiet time. I should have known.
 Brooke had long enough hair to donate to locks of love.  But then I forgot about it and it was all crispy and yuck!  I felt so bad! We'll do it again next time.
 Cute and fixed.  Love her little red cheeks.
 Then we got to stay at Grandma Barb's and Daryll's for the night.  After that busy day, we needed some time out!  We were so happy to see them again.
 Cool shells Hailey found at the river.  That place is magical.
 Spencer throwing rocks.  Such a boy.
 Best friends

 Me and my four at the river.  This place will always be special to us.  Our first big family adventure.
 Best buds.
 We stopped at Hailey's first grade teacher's house, Mrs. Rokes.  We were lucky that she was home and got to meet her new baby. Love the small town friendliness of this place.
 Pretty much everyone looked like this on the way back to Cedar Falls.  I love this picture of Spencer.  Even big boys need a rest.
 We stopped at the store to get the best ice cream EVER! and found a bunch of dollar books, so the kids picked some.  They were awesome books too!  Our lucky day.  The best part of the trip was the kids being happy to be back home.  I needed them to feel at home in our new place and being away really helped.

Comments

Karen said…
I don't mind the picture. Thanks for the awesome shower. It was great!! We miss you.
Karen said…
Thank you for the awesome shower. It was so nice of you and a lot of fun!! I don't mind the picture at all. We miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke